PDA

View Full Version : di 5510 overtoning? very messy copies

Custom Search

brent
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
here we go again. I am using oem drum developer toner. I have great copies the first 50k. then it seems to start dropping toner right out of the dv unit. once you vacuum it all up and start over its fine. but what a pain. I have set the soft switches to make lighter copies in this order.
switch 5-3 to 1 5-2 to 0
switch 23-3 to 1 23-2 to 1
switch 5-1 to 0 5-0 to 1
that tones down the machine. or so I thought. I have had problems with these machines after they hit 1.3 mill. earlier in the volume this was not a prob. anybody have any other suggestions on this?
also this may or may not have some gravity on the problem. when I first start the service call on the very bad copies. I dissasemble and take the drum out. I noticed that the toner recycling system is working. but there is a very much excess toner building up behind the cleaning blade. it builds up so much that is has nowhere to go but drops down. so its kind of confusing as to if the machine is over toning or just toner is backed up and dropping right into the feed back. equals bad copies. could someone shed some light?I have looked at the kmbs website but struck out on exactly what I was looking for.
thanks for any efforts
brent

mo0651
04-09-2012, 10:32 PM
We have had the problems on both sides, Developing and cleaning. The replacement of the cleaning auger clutch and the connected gear seems to have solved the problem.

brent
04-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I took a service call the other day. opened up the machine and seen the toner add was completely full. of course the developer gear was stripped. I can only get a million out of a dv unit. I will check into the coil. so you have seen some of these same symptoms then? darn machine...

mo0651
04-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Did you check the angle of the magnetic brush on dev unit? Is it on the developer side or cleaning side?

brent
04-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I did not check the angle

Darren King
04-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Run 50 or so skyshots to deplete the toner from the dev. Then run drum peculiarity. I do this every time these pigs start to over tone. It will get you another 50-100k before you will have to do it again. As for the idler gear on the dev box, be sure to replace the bushings when you replace the gears.
Hope this helps.
Darren

brent
04-10-2012, 05:00 AM
thank you guys so much. I am gonna give her hell tomorrow

brent

Custom Search