PDA

View Full Version : 420i/520i Toner Dusting

Custom Search

Jimbo1
04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I am curious to see if I am the only one noticing this issure. I work on a great number of the Falcon series of machines and of course we consider the 420i/520i to be Falcon IV.
On none of the previous Falcons have I ever noticed any significant toner dusting unless there had been a main charge shorting issue.
However with the Falcon 4 it seems to be a realy regular thing. I went to PM one a week or so ago and it hadn't had a call in quite a bit. The entire aluminum guide assembly just above the transfer roller was coated just almost entirely black from it. Took several minutes to get it clean and I don't mean with the vacuum.
I just came from a call on one that I had run a call about a week and a half before. There was a significant bit of toner dust there.
I just find it strange that after so many versions of this machine that have only had paper dusting issues, suddenly toner dust is a problem.

Solutions? Does it matter to anyone else?

The Falconer

:)

Jules Winfield
04-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I guess I'll just ask because I don't think you mentioned it, but is non-OEM toner being used in these problem machines?

pjdbm
04-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Never had any issues with these, in fact, I think they are outstanding boxes.

There is however, a bulletin for this on the new machines as in-between maintenance which makes me wonder WTF?

blackcat4866
04-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I've noticed that the paper dust collector gathers more toner than the previous Falcons, and it does lead to some jamming. No cures though.

It's still 1000% less toner dusting than any Ricoh. =^..^=

Jimbo1
04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I guess I'll just ask because I don't think you mentioned it, but is non-OEM toner being used in these problem machines?

Well that's a good assumption but LORD NO! We do not allow anything like that to go on. Our service contracts include the toner. They really have no reason to go anywhere else.

Jimbo1
04-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I've noticed that the paper dust collector gathers more toner than the previous Falcons, and it does lead to some jamming. No cures though.

It's still 1000% less toner dusting than any Ricoh. =^..^=
Oh dear Lord I agree with you on that one. Used to work on the old Aficio series and spent more time vacuuming than fixing.
I just have not seen that with the Falcons until now and it's a mystery. It's the same toner as the Falcon III.

Jimbo1
04-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Never had any issues with these, in fact, I think they are outstanding boxes.

There is however, a bulletin for this on the new machines as in-between maintenance which makes me wonder WTF?
Now I haven't seen that bulletin will have to look . Otherwise I agree with you totally. Stellar boxes.

Custom Search