PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 350 adding toner won't disappear

Custom Search

goldencup
04-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Hi, I have a problem with bizhub 350. I have just replaced a new toner bottle to the machine but still adding toner is indicated. I checked the sub hopper I/O and it reads 1 (which means no toner). What I did is, I removed the bottle and the hopper, open the front cover and trigger the front cover switch with a piece of folded paper. I turn on the machine, adding toner is still on the screen, I've noticed that the toner motor is not moving. I put my hand inside the machine and reach the inner of the sub hopper and slightly I trigger the detecting plate then the toner motor moves. So every time I trigger the plate, the toner motor moves. What seems to be the problem? Thank you very much.

Shadow
04-11-2012, 07:25 AM
first off I would take the old toner bottle and compare it to the new one.
there might be a tab on the new bottle that is missing or damaged.
have you attempted to do a forced toner add?
you might have to replace the developer and perform the F8 process.
don't forget to clean the TD sensor.

goldencup
04-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Hi sir. Thanks for the reply. The bottles are the same and original. Drum unit is also new.

Shadow
04-11-2012, 07:33 AM
have you replaced the developer in the machine?
have you checked the toner detect switch to see if the end of it is possibly damaged in any way?
is there anything on the toner hopper that is binding and not allowing it to activate?

kingarthur
04-11-2012, 12:45 PM
i've had this problem on a biz 250 & 350...each time it was the toner hopper, it's easy to swap, just one screw holding it in place, try another one if you can

fixthecopier
04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
You can remove the finisher and covers and watch what is not moving.

Custom Search