PDA

View Full Version : How to access the imaging sensors PS7 and PS8 in the c6501 Konica Minolta

Custom Search

keranali
04-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to access the imaging sensors I believe they need cleaning, I am getting an error C4521 which states there maybe a faulty sensor in the imaging Correction Unit however I have no idea where they are located I have little experience with other Minolta's in the past and believe they are all similar. Anyone knows how to gain access to these sensors.

Thanks

907tec
04-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Now is the time for the obligatory "Don't-Play-With-6501's-Unless-You-REALLY-Know-What-You-Are-Doing" message. If you can't get the front door open, it is probably a sign that you shouldn't dig any deeper. No disrespect intended, just trying to save you from a potentially expensive mistake and/or downtime. Call someone who has experience taming these beasts, it is worth it.

keranali
04-12-2012, 07:27 PM
OK will do thanks however do you know where the sensors are located ?

JustManuals
04-12-2012, 09:40 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

eifling
04-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Open the machine, slide out the section with transfer, look inside and on the left you will see a metal colored panel. On that panel are 3 spring loaded covers, gently lift each one up and gently wipe the sensor that is behind each one.

And if you had a service contract with a tech, this is what he would tell you to do rather than making a trip to wipe a sensor because its pretty simple. If this doesnt fix it you have other problems.

keranali
04-13-2012, 12:46 AM
Thank you very much eifling I up again and running. Thanks Again :)

Custom Search