PDA

View Full Version : Jamming BizHub C352 misfeed from Tray1

Custom Search

b3p0
04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
C352 has a weird issue. Jobs from tray1 are randomly indicating misfeed ,around the M1 area below the transfer belt/roller.
Oddly enough, if the job comes from tray2 it will pass through all day long without any jams.
Users are reporting accordion jams under the fuser, it never does it when i'm there, but I've seen their examples sitting there for me when i arrive.
So far I've cleaned tray1 feed roller (its used but not in terrible shape), flipped paper orientation, cleaned path sensors, checked for paper behind drawer and in lift area. After doing each it will run, and randomly misfeed again( between 2 and 50 prints later)
Fuser was replaced within the last 10k.

thanks in advance.

copymech
04-12-2012, 09:44 PM
There is a tech pub about the back wall of the cassette flexing against the pick up release lever preventing the pick up rollers from dropping all the way down. The tech pub has part # for a metal bracket that reinforces the cassette wall. I have seen many techs who will put a screw in the wall to increase the movement of the lever as a temp measure. Hope this helps.

JustManuals
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

b3p0
04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
There is a tech pub about the back wall of the cassette flexing against the pick up release lever preventing the pick up rollers from dropping all the way down. The tech pub has part # for a metal bracket that reinforces the cassette wall. I have seen many techs who will put a screw in the wall to increase the movement of the lever as a temp measure. Hope this helps.

This is the closest one i could find. Is this the techpub you're referencing by chance?

Solution ID TAUS0801991EN* Solution Usage
Description
Fuser jams sometimes accompanied by grinding noise.
Solution
CAUSE: A boss on the black plastic fusing drive holder may be fractured. Due to manufacturing tolerances, a space up to 0.5mm may exist between the
plate (p/n 960J255701) and the frame below it. This amount of space can allow sufficient stress to cause the boss to break from fatigue. If the space is 0.3mm
or less no damage occurs because there is not enough gap to generate the stress.
SOLUTION: A 0.35mm thick spacer is available to fit between the plate and the frame to prevent excessive flexing. It should be installed in applicable
machines as a preventive measure. Please refer to attached Bulletin Number 6519 for details.
Note : If the spacer cannot be inserted, that means that there is less than 0.3mm space and the spacer is not needed on that machine.

b3p0
04-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Replaced entire tray 1, fixed the problem.

Upon closer inspection it looks like the plastic tabs that stop the drawer when pushed in had been slammed a few times and were bent allowing the one side of the drawer to sit crooked.

Custom Search