PDA

View Full Version : C253 Scan to Email always asks for "From" Address

Custom Search

Solotime
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Is there a way to enter a default "From" address so the customer does not have to pick a from address everytime they want to scan to email? Other machines I am familiar with scan to email settings on have a default address you can put in so it will not require an entry each time.
Thanks

JR2ALTA
04-12-2012, 11:57 PM
In the Administrator settings, fill out the two fields in Administrator Registration

habik
04-13-2012, 12:13 AM
In the Administrator settings, fill out the two fields in Administrator Registration

As above, I usually use

ScannerC253
scanner253@localdomain.xxx

blackcat4866
04-13-2012, 01:00 AM
There are two places. You'll need to enter the scanners sender name: scanner@domain.com and the administrator email address: administrator@domain.com

=^..^=

JR2ALTA
04-14-2012, 04:05 AM
A purely subversive suggestion is to make the name that of that model.

For instance instead of "copier@copytechnet.com" make it "bizhub@copytechnet.com"

Can't hurt, eh?

RRodgers
04-14-2012, 05:57 AM
For a few years we would have the copiers send us an email if there was a problem, we track everything via serial number so in the IPP section of the copier I would put serial number@customer's domain. So that way the ladies at the front desk would know if a copier needed service what copier it was just by looking up the serial number in our system. Made life pretty simple. I can't tell you how many times we've called a customer to let them know that we know your copier is on the frizt and we are on our way to fix it. Many times before the customer even knew there was a problem.

habik
04-15-2012, 08:09 PM
For a few years we would have the copiers send us an email if there was a problem, we track everything via serial number so in the IPP section of the copier I would put serial number@customer's domain. So that way the ladies at the front desk would know if a copier needed service what copier it was just by looking up the serial number in our system. Made life pretty simple. I can't tell you how many times we've called a customer to let them know that we know your copier is on the frizt and we are on our way to fix it. Many times before the customer even knew there was a problem.

That was the main purpose of it at the first place I believe :D

blackcat4866
04-15-2012, 08:58 PM
By the way, don't get crazy with the device email address. The administrator email address must be a real valid email, and the device email address cannot be excessively long. I don't know what the character limit is, but I got one working by abbreviating a very long email address. =^..^=

morpk
04-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Hi i have seen this happen before when you set the admin and device email under the admin setting it doesn't update
go to fax/scan- communication settings- email address settings - admin email select the email,
then make this the machine default:

utility/counter- user settings fax/scan defaults current settings

try that hope it helps

copier tech
11-17-2021, 11:31 AM
Hi i have seen this happen before when you set the admin and device email under the admin setting it doesn't update
go to fax/scan- communication settings- email address settings - admin email select the email,
then make this the machine default:

utility/counter- user settings fax/scan defaults current settings

try that hope it helps

Don’t laugh but I was stumped working on an old C253 wanted to simply set up a scan to email account with no auth but machine kept prompting me to add sender address. Yet again CTN came to my rescue!

Hansoon
11-18-2021, 05:46 AM
Don’t laugh but I was stumped working on an old C253 wanted to simply set up a scan to email account with no auth but machine kept prompting me to add sender address. Yet again CTN came to my rescue!

And I believed being the only one here still having two of these beasts out in the field...
Both are rentals and as long as they go, customers are happy and we still having loads of parts for them, why not? :cool:

Hans

avecosat
11-30-2021, 08:03 AM
I also have some still working. last week I had to change a laser to one of them. LOL

copier tech
11-30-2021, 08:48 PM
I also have some still working. last week I had to change a laser to one of them. LOL

Wow not sure i'l splash out on a laser!. Most likely i'll just swap the 3 series out for a 4e etc.

Hap
12-06-2021, 03:27 PM
think i have cases in past where both were set i believe u had to go in and disallow user to change from address

Custom Search