PDA

View Full Version : C452 account track

Custom Search

bizhub1
04-12-2012, 11:32 PM
I have a C452 that has 7 workstations printing to it with account track on. 5 workstations are win 7 and the other 2 are xp. The 7 stations work just fine but the xp never displays the pop up dialog box to enter a password. The drivers were on the server, so IT tried installing the drivers right on the xp stations with same result. Anyone ever come across this in travels???

Mr Spock
04-13-2012, 01:01 AM
start> printers> printer properties> last tab(configure or options) > check the pop-up box

bizhub1
04-13-2012, 01:19 AM
start> printers> printer properties> last tab(configure or options) > check the pop-up box

Those boxes are all checked, they were checked when the drivers were on the server also, but the pop up box will not come up on the xp computers. The windows7 computers work just fine

emujo
04-13-2012, 02:10 PM
What kind of server...if it was R8, did you add the additional drivers required for the XP boxes under sharing? If i was a 2003 server I would expect the problem to be the other way around (no driver found on the server for the Win7 boxes..Also if you tried to simply "update " the server copy of the driver on the XP boxes it may have resulted in a corrupt driver..I would blow away the XP drivers and recreate local copies on the workstations using the correct driver from the CD or downloaded from the web. In all cases I can remember, once the check boxes were on for verify/pop up authentication window, all clients responded with the proper pop ups. Also I would ensure you dont have some conflict with user authentication/account track/print w/o authentication all being used..normally this would cause the print job to fail, not inhibit the user authentication/account track pop up from displaying. I did have one where the customer was using multiple displays, and the popup was just not being seen. Emujo

bsm2
04-15-2012, 01:17 AM
on the XP box is the account track enable in the machine configuration?

bizhub1
04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
on the XP box is the account track enable in the machine configuration?

No, can not get it to change to enabled. Hit the acquire settings tab and still no change

TheOwl
04-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Sounds like the driver version not matching the firmware version. If there is a mismatch, sometimes the driver won't talk to the copier correctly, henceforth, the device options not coming down when trying to Acquire the device settings.

Can you please try to manually add the Account Track option by clicking on it with in the Device Option list and then change the Setting just underneath from Disable to Enable.

If that works and you can then get your printing from the device, you might need to look at upgrading the firmware and the drivers to the latest version.

bizhub1
04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Sounds like the driver version not matching the firmware version. If there is a mismatch, sometimes the driver won't talk to the copier correctly, henceforth, the device options not coming down when trying to Acquire the device settings.

Can you please try to manually add the Account Track option by clicking on it with in the Device Option list and then change the Setting just underneath from Disable to Enable.

If that works and you can then get your printing from the device, you might need to look at upgrading the firmware and the drivers to the latest version.

Will give that a shot, firmware C5 and driver 3.6

TheOwl
04-17-2012, 12:09 AM
The latest versions that I can find from Konica Minolta are as follows:

Firmware - D1

Driver - 3.2.0.0

I am in Australia though, so our firmware versions and print driver versions might not match up.

Custom Search