PDA

View Full Version : PM Service Cycles on Konica C6501

Custom Search

resolute
04-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Hi Everyone - Wanted to get some feedback regarding the PM Service Cycles. I have a C6501 with roughly 1.2Million on it and a second machine with about 500,000. More than 90% is colour meter. One machine is 2.5 years old the other about 1.5 years old. According to the Service Manual there is a PM each 200,000 and require certain parts and cleaning to be done at those intervals. Additionally there are other service PM's that are in the Service manual - but I have been told that these are only "suggestions" - and that they dont actually need to be done. Well - one machine is suffering from a whack of problems - registration, jams, streaks in the output, toning/background on the paper, fusing problems, etc. Still I am being told that the parts that needed to be replaced at 400K, 600K, 800K are not needing to be replaced -- actually that the parts outside of the 200K kit are not required to be replaced - heck not all the parts in the 200K kit need to be replaced with each PM service and that even the 200K cycle can be stretched out. Now the 2nd machine is starting to exhibit similar problems... Any thoughts on this? I really dont think its normal to place a service call every few thousand prints. Thanks

dljorg
04-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Do not know where you r getting info on parts interval replacements. C6500 and most other KM machines will bite you if you neglect maintenance intervals and that it appears is what is happening to you.

Yes you can stretch intervals on imaging items like drums, developer and coronas but the down side is poorer image quality. Particularly drums and coronas need replacing at 200K and 100K and maybe before to keep quality up. Developer does not seem to be so critical but 150% of life on the machine counters is probably the end.

When it is apart for PM you can not do too much with the vacuum particularly in the dust collection systems.

Dev units are rated at 600K but can make it to a million. After that they are not worth the risk and new ones are less than the cost of the call to replace them.

Registration problems and jamming can be directly related to rollers and clutch replacements but a lot depends on the paper being run. 75gsm copy paper means little wear for feed components. 256gsm Coated GL means lots of wear and probably early replacements.

Fuser will go 500K with little problems but then you need to do ALL the parts including the transmission gear service. Don't know what version of PM kit you are getting but some come with the lower fuser roller included - total waste of time to replace at 200K. If you are not going to do that roller replacement the individual parts may be cheaper than buying the kit.

In normal use the C6500 should average 50K between service calls unless it is being used in an unusual way.

Custom Search