PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 601 general question

Custom Search

brent
04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
just a couple questions. I have one in the field. what is everyone think of this model? I was told the 751 was a much better machine? are you seeing any of the toner dropping from the cleaning/ developing section like the old 5510s? mine seems to be great. just trying to get a general thought on this particular machine. thanks
brent

SmellsHot
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
What's your counter at?
I have a few out...they don't seem to be any different then the 600,7255,7155 models...just has the updates. Still seeing some dumping on them. This engine is so freakin weird.....I've had a couple 600's run over a million copies on same drum and dev and have lil to no dumping.....And a couple 601's that dump within the first 50k. It's gotta be something that Konica does at the factory that makes these run like this..... There must be a group that does good quality control and a group that does bad control. Both the 600 and 601 were brand new from install when they ran these.
As for the 751...there really isn't too much of a difference. I think it's mostly environment.....If the customer is using it like it should be used...then it will prolly run much smoother......
What does everyone else think?

SmellsHot
04-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Just waiting for the 654 and 754 B&W!!!!!

brent
04-16-2012, 05:26 PM
650k still on original drum and developer. although I have new to install when it takes a dump. and actually it is dumping just a tiny b it of developer. minute in fact. I am pretty happy with it so far.

brent

SmellsHot
04-16-2012, 05:43 PM
If it's dumping just that minimal what I typically do(if they call in for something else) is I just vacuumed out the toner recycling and drum unit. When I do this I can run another 500k or more.......I've found that if it's a new machine(original drum and developer) you can run those two items for a long time....but as soon as you replace them....it goes downhill from there :(
The first few I thought it was me...but I've PM'ed the crap outta those things....get the multimeter out and adjust grid voltage and run all the adjustments in the correct order, firmware up to date, everything spotless and clean, even installed new t&s wires......all that crap...but it seems like once the original drum/dev are replaced....ya just can't stretch it like when it's new.....

Darren King
04-16-2012, 06:33 PM
I have found with this series of machine from the Di551 right up th the BH601 if they are in a high use environment there are less problems with over toning. In a low use environment they over tone badly anywhere between 50-100k.. Either way they are one of the worst machine and I am glad I only have a couple left.
Just my two cents.
Darren

brent
04-16-2012, 08:50 PM
most of my 5510 and 601 copiers are in the 20k to 30 k per month. as far as volume. and you are totall correct. the original drum and d e veloper are still in. and they last like heck. even the fuser unit. once I replace the fuser rollers. it never gets the volume that the original ones do.
like I said I only have 1 601 out now. most customers are not wanting the bigger machines anymore. I have tons of the bizhub 423 units out. they are great. minus the 120k drum change. which sucks. oh well
copies are good the whole time.. lol
thanks for your imput

brent

Custom Search