PDA

View Full Version : Error Code error code 4520 on C5501

Custom Search

worm
04-16-2012, 09:06 PM
now getting code 4520 check belt and sensor now what

JustManuals
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

dljorg
04-18-2012, 09:01 PM
C-4520 is a high probability that there is something wrong with the transfer belt unit that results in a wrinkle in the belt surface. Wrinkle means the color reg sensor does not see something logical and bingo you get the code. You should be able to see the wrinkle by just pulling out the process carriage and taking a look. Grim experience says transfer belt unit assembly is the one thing on the C6500 series that gets done incorrectly most often. Get in the service manual and check all the assembly details.

Have you checked to be sure the sensor shutters are opening? You can use the I/O check mode with the process carriage pulled out and look inside to see the shutters. I/O check mode main code 55 sub code zero for the reg shutter and 55-1 for the center PGC shutter. (I forget if it is necessary to make the interlock on the front of the ADU for these tests to work). Assuming the shutters do not work then check the mechanical counters - run on same 24v supply from Printer Control Board. I/O 43-1 and 43-2. If neither the shutters or counters work there is a fuse blown on the Printer Board. Common shorts are wires to the mechanical counters (remove the top deck you take off to load developer and look) or wiring on the back of the process carriage pinched (the little black guides come off and the purple wires get pinched) or a shorted stripper finger solenoid on the back of the process carriage. If the fuse is blown there is a reason - find it before you install a new board that just became a $500 fuse.

Start the machine in service mode and run test pattern 62, choose 8 copies and you get all the primaries and the secondary colors. C-4520 does happen if one color channel is not right.

Custom Search