PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DP4530i servcie....

Custom Search

iscott
04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Considering taking a Panasonic DP 4530io under service has 120K on it is copies are light. My tech says it may need developer and or a TDC sensor. Anyone have any experience with these machine? Also do you think my techs assessment is correct?

mojorolla
04-17-2012, 03:47 PM
You should also do the three wires at 120k. First thing I would do is turn off the "Quantum" in f5-25. This has been known to cause issues including light CQ. Developer is good for 240k on this model. The toner hopper can get gunked up and cause quality issues. Also check the density sensor under the drum and make sure it is clean.

:)

TEKK09
04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Try a new bottle of toner and reset power.

Logged-on
04-17-2012, 04:11 PM
If the machine has 120 K on it then it is either due or should have just had it's first PM, (All wires and Cleaning Blade). With a 4530 with only 120k, it is possible that the 240k PM parts have simply aged to the point of failure.

240K parts for the drum cavity are the Drum, Blade, toner support, (anti-spill mylar), wires and developer.

The TDC sensor is not likely the issue. First thing I would do would be to replace your charge wire. An old charge wire can cause inconsistent readings, but old drums and developer can also cause light quality. F6-21 is your toner density, the lower the number, the lower the density. I believe for the 4530, it should be somewhere between -25, and -35, and if you were to increase the number from say -30 to -25, then you should notice an increased density.

I discovered that sometimes the angle of the toner bottle can cause light copies as well, and found a simple fix by elevating the end of the toner bottle by mounting an elevated base to the fuser cover where the white rollers are, which forces more toner into the hopper while the bottle is rotating.

I think the 4530 is a pretty good machine, and it should be pretty reliable if the maintenance schedule is followed. Just remember that sometimes low volume machines the parts don't always last their recommended life span.

sservice
09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Considering taking a Panasonic DP 4530io under service has 120K on it is copies are light. My tech says it may need developer and or a TDC sensor. Anyone have any experience with these machine? Also do you think my techs assessment is correct?

These Machines are bad about going light, one reason is the toner bottle clutch get loaded with toner and when the toner motor (a bi-directional motor) rotates in the direction to feed toner from the hopper,not the bottle, then the bottle has a tendency to rotate backwards which then starves the developing unit out of toner, air cleaning the clutch helps this condition, but I modify the clutch to prevent the backwards rotation, I will be happy to share this mod with you on the phone should you need it. 256-353-4183. Your tech may still be right it may need a developer change also.

Custom Search