PDA

View Full Version : Print Quality on a Bizhub Pro 1050

Custom Search

dmtchm
04-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Hello, I have a Print Issue on a Bizhub Pro 1050 that is printing a band down the operator side of the page. It started about 70K after a full 750K pm kit with developer and Drum replaced as well. It seems to be about the 7.5" print width. I was thinking that it was a corona problem so did a new 750K kit last night but the problem is still there. need help please. attached a test print solid black of 11" x 17"

Thanks15298

blaze2000
04-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Check your Dv unit. Looks like your not getting dv mix to that area.

dmtchm
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Check your Dv unit. Looks like your not getting dv mix to that area.

Thanks for the reply, The Developing unit is new, and just changed the developer for the second time. If you keep printing the area not transfer to paper the machine accumulates toner on the charge plate above the drum and on the pcb just above the drum as if the toner is on the drum in tha area. Need help this one is a mystery to me.

eg101
04-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, The Developing unit is new, and just changed the developer for the second time..

Did you have this problem with the old developer unit?
Or did the problem happen after you changed the developer unit.

It sure looks like Mag roller problem to me.

acusso1234
04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi! Have a look to the glass filter for the laser. If it is dirthy it blocks the latent image on the drum surface.
I have had a deformated cover of the developing unit that caused this..
You stated that your developing unit is new. Do you know that the new units are modified and that you have to change some parameters?

dmtchm
04-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Did you have this problem with the old developer unit?
Or did the problem happen after you changed the developer unit.

It sure looks like Mag roller problem to me.

This started after the developing unit was replaced, it has about 70,000 prints on it when this started happening. we replaced the old developing unit because it was past it's life and leaking developer.

dmtchm
04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Hi! Have a look to the glass filter for the laser. If it is dirthy it blocks the latent image on the drum surface.
I have had a deformated cover of the developing unit that caused this..
You stated that your developing unit is new. Do you know that the new units are modified and that you have to change some parameters?

No I didn't know parameters needed to be changed because of developer unit change. Any way you point me in the right direction the service manuals I have show nothing about changing parameters for developing units. Would the end result be what is happening??

Thank you guys

acusso1234
04-19-2012, 12:10 AM
No I didn't know parameters needed to be changed because of developer unit change. Any way you point me in the right direction the service manuals I have show nothing about changing parameters for developing units. Would the end result be what is happening??

Thank you guys

Sorry...It is in italian..
Note that, during a PM kit you have to change drum and developer at the same time to prevent toner spills..

dmtchm
04-19-2012, 03:04 AM

Sorry...It is in italian..
Note that, during a PM kit you have to change drum and developer at the same time to prevent toner spills..

Thank you very much and thank you google translate. The firmware version on this machine is 40, so i need to check to make sure what developer unit i received to see if I need to change or update the firmware then make these changes ??
I've yet to check the lense or laser cover.

blaze2000
04-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Yeah man check that slit glass, I just had one mounted incorrectly and the handle portion prevented the drum from being written to on the bottom portion of page. Yours may be toner fouled.

acusso1234
04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Thank you very much and thank you google translate. The firmware version on this machine is 40, so i need to check to make sure what developer unit i received to see if I need to change or update the firmware then make these changes ??
I've yet to check the lense or laser cover.

If the drum spacer collars are black You have a new style developing unit. So you must go up with firmware and then make the changes written in that tecnical notice. But I bet that your problem has born in the moment that you changed the unit (developer) and not the drum. I've passed exactly the same...so can tell you now what I've see in the past. Slit glass cleaning is the first, then drum and developer toghether to prevent this problem in the future.

dmtchm
04-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Thanks You Guys, 100% on, I found this morning @ 5:30am couldn't sleep last night after reading your post and looking at the history of what we did on the machine, the toner spill right across the slit glass covering it just in that area. I bet we never do developer without a drum again. You Guys are great.

Custom Search