PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BH 652 (B&W) Locking up

Custom Search

morpk
04-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Hi all i have a customer with a BH 652 and the machine will lock up 4/5 times a day at the home screen i have done latest firmware replaced Control panel, Memory, HDD, MFP i have just sent a R&I into our head office (Sydney) but they dont know much the only suggestions i got from them was to turn off sleep mode and check cables.

Has anyone had this issues before on this model or any thoughts ?

cheers
:confused:

EarthKmTech
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi all i have a customer with a BH 652 and the machine will lock up 4/5 times a day at the home screen i have done latest firmware replaced Control panel, Memory, HDD, MFP i have just sent a R&I into our head office (Sydney) but they dont know much the only suggestions i got from them was to turn off sleep mode and check cables.

Has anyone had this issues before on this model or any thoughts ?

cheers
:confused:

I would check to see if the machine still locks up if disconnected from the network. At the same time i would be checking the driver installed on ALL computers connecting to the device to ensure none of them have accidentally installed the bizhub C652 driver instead of the bizhub 652 driver.

If its a stand alone machine, or failing the above id be doing a data clear and setting the machine up again from scratch (you can backup the NVRAM, hdd etc, with hdd backup utility before doing this in case nothing is achieved, it can be restored)

If i remember correctly, these machines also have a 1gb solid state memory device installed - i would also be checking its operation too.

morpk
04-24-2012, 04:13 AM
thought i would give an update about this machine
we turned off sleep mode through the service mode and it has been about a week and it has not locked up all reports from the customer have been good.:cool:

EarthKmTech
04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
sleep mode is ok to turn off, but dont have low power mode set too high, 15 - 30 minutes max or you WILL be having calls for squeaks.

BTW, is the machine set to auto obtain the ip address ?

Id be reasonably confident of what the problem was if it is...

morpk
04-24-2012, 09:03 AM
sleep mode is ok to turn off, but dont have low power mode set too high, 15 - 30 minutes max or you WILL be having calls for squeaks.

BTW, is the machine set to auto obtain the ip address ?

Id be reasonably confident of what the problem was if it is...

hmmm good call on the sleep mode will make sure to go back and set that
as for the IP Address it is a static IP on the network

but what were you thinking if it was dynamic ?.

Custom Search