PDA

View Full Version : Konica 920 31-02 jam issue with 2 machines....

Custom Search

methogod
04-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Client has 7 920's in service. All run 8.5x11 duplex for self mailers.

Runs a 24# colored paper. Machines meter range from less then 1m to over 15m.

2 machines, having the same issue. Page flips over before fuser (see image #1 and #2).

Machines have nothing in common, not the fuser - have swapped with working machine. Not corona - replaced all parts in one of the machines (upper corona, lower corona, drum, dv, pm kit).

Odd is that machines both will run 2000-3500 before they start to jam often (from every 10 pages to ever 100 pages). Of course when you watch it it will go a bit further.

One machine has 7m (3.5 duplex) other machine has 15m (12m sheets/only 3m duplex).

We were focusing on the newer machine as they can be completely different issues.

Its not the drum claws, not the supplies, so what's left - cleaner unit? And drive/timing issues - posible fuser swelling, only becuase what else would explain the initial run time?

JAME CODE15333
POSITION OF PAPER WITHOUT ADVANCING AFTER JAM15331
FLIP SIDE OF TURN OVER PAPER15332
REST OF JAM15330
FUSER IMAGES1532915334

ANY IDEA WOULD BE HELPFUL...
THANKS,

JustManuals
04-19-2012, 11:30 AM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

smokeetr
04-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Are they rolling over before the fuser? If so perform the LD1 and LD2 offset adjust and then run the hv auto adjust. It should take care of problem

smokeetr
04-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Just looked at the photos. They won't load on my Droid without logging into the main website. My previous post should fix it. If the LD1 and 2 are not set correctly it leaves too much residual charge on the drum. If you watch the jam you will see it stick to the drum and the back end of the paper will pass the front end. I believe after you run the hv auto adjust you should run all the drum peculiarity adjustments and then recheck the LD1 and 2. Also make sure the tray is set to color paper. The color paper is known not to run the best in those machines

blaze2000
04-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Start here.... I've experienced the door interlock issue personally

blackcat4866
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I've seen similar issues on other models. Personally I'd focus on four areas, in this order:

1) Separation charge loss. Especially on second side images, when the paper has already been fused, if separation is weak the paper will try to ride up the drum. and fold over into the fuser, right on top of the next page. Maybe a shorted s/t charge unit or HVT?
2) Suction fan motor failure. Essentially the same reasons. the charge and suction fan work together to transport the paper on to the fuser. Maybe accompanied by noise? I think you can test these fans individually in service mode.
3) Transport belt drive failure. Are the belts stretched out or glazed, pulley interlocks broken (anybody remember the NP2020?), or motor failing?
4) Extremely moist paper will try to drum wrap on second side also. It will be really obvious though. The paper will come out in little 3" diameter scrolls. Not much you can do about that but get some fresh paper.

I'm voting for #1. I've seen it a frequently on high speed console machines.

The pix help a lot. Visual cues jog my addled brain. =^..^=

methogod
04-20-2012, 04:34 AM
We adjusted the laser, as last time we only up the separation.

Tech is sharp if its fixable well get it. Just strange 2 machines, running same stock tested thoroughly have the same issue.

Will let you all know the results...

scottybbb
04-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Also might check plate where drum separator claws are.Try moving soleniod so fingers stay closer to drum.I think they may have also come out with a modified assembly.

methogod
04-25-2012, 01:24 AM
i have now tried the laser adjustments, and the claws are ok. Fans looks ok and clean - no odd noises that we see.

it will run a few hundred then jam due to the flipped page.

one machine has alot of clicks the other doesn't so why would they both have the same issue, odd?

tomorrow we will test more adjustments and see what happens. (i am swapping the lower corona out today), and well see what happens.

thanks,

Custom Search