PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous BizHub 652 and Y-Soft Card Readers

Custom Search

morpk
04-19-2012, 09:00 AM
So we have a school that has 6x BH 652's 1x C452 and 1x C280
we ordered the Y-Soft card reader setup the reader as per the TAD file recommended loaded the device driver on the machine and no joy try and swipe the card nothing happens try to register a user nothing happens, so put in a R&I with Sydney (head office) sent them the card reader and they cards we were testing with they said it works and sent it back.
after we received the card reader back i tested it with our showroom machine and it worked (how odd). took that same card reader out to the school and it worked (C280 & BH652 tested) so i left the card reader out there for 2 weeks all reports were good so we ordered another 10 Y-Soft card readers (yes 10 because the school were buying more machines)

So today the other card readers came in i did the same setup on all the machines swipe the card and no joy wont register nothing happens when they swipe so i did and data clear and full reset on 2 of the machines (2x BH652's) and still nothing.

I then went to get the original card reader (they one Sydney sent me back that out of no were started working) i could register a user and i could swipe in as a user so i then take this card reader and put it on machine number 2 and works fine

how could it be that i have 10 fucked card readers(11 if you count the first one as fucked) ??????????!!!!!?????!!!!?????!:mad::mad:

here are the TAD i followed (please note these are from AUS)
DLBT1101539EN00 (http://cseshb.konicaminolta.com.au/Search/Doc/DL/SSHBDOC0120.asp?ID_No=DLBT1101539EN00&NaviId=5&Row_No=1&DB=Onyx&UserId=LM3LJHOU.7&Lang=ENG)
i contacted Sydney support they don't know shit so tomorrow i will be putting in an R&I just thought i might throw it out there to see if any one else has had issues with this or know of any problems

EarthKmTech
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
we have heaps of these y-soft card readers in use (perth branch) I've re-setup up a few on machines that had other issues and haven't had any problems.

I'd be more suspicious of the version of loadable device driver your using and or it being corrupt than failed card readers. I'm also assuming you've got management device mode enabled and set correctly.

morpk
04-19-2012, 11:08 AM
we have heaps of these y-soft card readers in use (perth branch) I've re-setup up a few on machines that had other issues and haven't had any problems.

I'd be more suspicious of the version of loadable device driver your using and or it being corrupt than failed card readers. I'm also assuming you've got management device mode enabled and set correctly.

Yeah i here what your saying i re downloaded the driver and flashed the machine again but it dosent explain why i could put the original card reader on and it just worked and the other 2 new readers still didn't and from what i can see that TAD is the only link on the CSES site that has the driver.

also yes it is setup under managment device auth device 2 card type 2 witch is what that TAD asks you to do.

thank for the input :cool:

ineo+6501
04-20-2012, 03:35 PM
If it's not too late, consider using the biometric device. It doesn't need any driver and it works a treat.

LOURD
04-22-2012, 07:45 PM
check if the card readers are for "KM" and check if it is as " keyboard ".. you can by pressing the utility- administrator setting then try to swipe the card .. if it as " keyboard" you can see characters in the password box.. if it is as "keyboard" then it is the wrong card reader....

We have some like this issue, ysoft send us wrong card readers..

Hope this will help.

morpk
04-23-2012, 02:19 AM
check if the card readers are for "KM" and check if it is as " keyboard ".. you can by pressing the utility- administrator setting then try to swipe the card .. if it as " keyboard" you can see characters in the password box.. if it is as "keyboard" then it is the wrong card reader....

We have some like this issue, ysoft send us wrong card readers..

Hope this will help.

Hi thanks for the suggestion i tired that and nothing happens it's odd i hear the card reader *beep* when the machine first turns on but when you swipe nothing happens

Also PerthKMTECH i used the drivers you recommended and still no good i'm still waiting to here back from konica today there Y-soft rep was off Friday so i might here back today

morpk
04-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi all just giving an update on the card readers
i have put in a request for konica to send me some y-soft software they are not ruling out that when i sent the original card reader down that it had some setting changed this is still all very odd but as long as i can get them to work i don't care

there Y-soft rep is in hospital and someone else is on holidays so this might be a slow process ........

but so far thank you to everyone's input much appreciated.

-Mark

morpk
04-26-2012, 01:26 AM
This just came in 2 min ago,

Hi Mark,

OK so the 10 x new readers have to be re-programmed to accept your particular cards.

XXXX XXXX will contact you on how to do this via e-mail.

Regards,

i new they did something to the orginal card reader when i sent it down

morpk
05-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Hi all so this issues has now been resolved, turns out that the cards we were using (mag swipe) have 3 tracks on them so the ID's are written to track 1 but by default the card readers are setup to read track 2

so Konica sent me the software that interfaces with the readers i changed the protocol to read track 1 then they all worked first time every time
:D (if they had only told me this when i sent down the first one)

but thank you to everyone who gave input.

Gary101
04-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Hi all so this issues has now been resolved, turns out that the cards we were using (mag swipe) have 3 tracks on them so the ID's are written to track 1 but by default the card readers are setup to read track 2

so Konica sent me the software that interfaces with the readers i changed the protocol to read track 1 then they all worked first time every time
:D (if they had only told me this when i sent down the first one)

but thank you to everyone who gave input.

Dear Morpk,
regarding this old post, do you still have that software that can interface with Y-Soft readers? I have the same problem but it seems no one is able to provide that software to me.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Gary

morpk
04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Dear Morpk,
regarding this old post, do you still have that software that can interface with Y-Soft readers? I have the same problem but it seems no one is able to provide that software to me.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Gary

Hi Gary i have the software in the office i will be happy to upload it to dropbox tomorrow and post the link

Gary101
04-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Gary i have the software in the office i will be happy to upload it to dropbox tomorrow and post the link
You're the man & you will be doing me a big favor. Looking forward to hear from you.
Cheers

morpk
04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
You're the man & you will be doing me a big favor. Looking forward to hear from you.
Cheers

as promised
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52253461/Card%20Reader%20Util.zip
in this .zip is the card utility and a PDF with all the tracks codes, don't use this program on windows 8 haven't had much luck with it, win 7 and xp are fine.
I have made some screen caps in the zip file as and example on how to change the card reader from track 2 (y-soft default) to track 1, in the PDF file the codes I'm looking at are B-084 - Magnetic cards v2 last page.

it's pretty easy you do one you will remember it for life, but if you run into any trouble let me know :)

-Mark

Phrag
04-04-2014, 07:20 AM
as promised
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52253461/Card%20Reader%20Util.zip
in this .zip is the card utility and a PDF with all the tracks codes, don't use this program on windows 8 haven't had much luck with it, win 7 and xp are fine.
I have made some screen caps in the zip file as and example on how to change the card reader from track 2 (y-soft default) to track 1, in the PDF file the codes I'm looking at are B-084 - Magnetic cards v2 last page.

it's pretty easy you do one you will remember it for life, but if you run into any trouble let me know :)

-Mark

I've downloaded that as well, more as a "just in case."

We have already fiddled around with i2 conversion, and took a while to figure that out.

Knowing my luck, we'll have the same issue as you were having, and I won't have downloaded it.

Cheers.

Custom Search