PDA

View Full Version : c 452 colur movement when doing multi copies

Custom Search

hjvol
04-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Got a problem with c452 that colour registration moves out when doing multi copies and printing....some examples attached.
We already changed drum drive section because of p31 code ...code gone but still colours shifts. But what is strange, 1st copy perfect and after 2nd copy or print colour shifting occours till end of job.upon starting new job whole cycle the same....( Happens with black copies and prints too )
parts changed : all image units , transfer unit ,fusingunit , lazerunit and tested hv board ,controller,io board,lazerunit relayboard...
Cleaned machine and transferbelt sensors,,,even swopped sensors around...
Any suggestions pleeeeease!!!!15544:confused::confused::confused:

minimerlin
04-20-2012, 10:13 AM
What happens with just Black (K) copies/prints? Have you cleaned the two sensors for the transfer belt/ done colour shift adjust?

hjvol
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
What happens with just Black (K) copies/prints? Have you cleaned the two sensors for the transfer belt/ done colour shift adjust?

.( Happens with black copies too )
swopped out and cleaned sensors too!!!!!

kingarthur
04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
when you go into the management list....are you getting any "C" codes

newmang
04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Had something very similar to this last year and turned out to be either the registration roller or the transport roller before it had worn very slightly so the diameter was smaller and hence timing changed. We also changed all the bits you have before finding the answer. Think theres now a tech bulletin for it but Infohub is down at the moment

HoonBoy
04-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Take a good look at the fusing unit entrance actuator/photo interrupter... Could give similar problems if not working properly....

RRodgers
04-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Since I'm looking at this on my phone I can't see your samples so I don't know if you are running 11 x 17 but if you are the I would recommend that you adjust the fuser drive speed. HTH

EarthKmTech
04-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Take a good look at the fusing unit entrance actuator/photo interrupter... Could give similar problems if not working properly....

yep, if the fusing loop sensor is stuck in, the fuser will turn too fast resulting in this phenomenon.

Spidula
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Had this problem today. Stripped and cleaned those sensors and sorted it straight away.

Ps. Parts manual pointing to PS41 and PS42, which are the above mentioned sensors, is as clear as mud!

msb
06-17-2013, 09:41 PM
I have same problem. Did u found solution?

emujo
06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
yep, if the fusing loop sensor is stuck in, the fuser will turn too fast resulting in this phenomenon.

If the image has already been laid down on the paper, how would a slow/fast fuser affect the registration? Just trying to wrap my head around this. Emujo

tech51
06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
If the image has already been laid down on the paper, how would a slow/fast fuser affect the registration? Just trying to wrap my head around this. Emujo
It doesn't affect the colour reg as such,but it gives a sort of fuzzy or blurred image. It's far more noticeable on a3 paper where you have paper in the fuser and on the second transfer at the same time. The second half of the print can look very different to the first half.

RRodgers
06-18-2013, 09:58 PM
So did adjusting the fuser line speed fix it?

Gift
06-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Isn't that the machine type with the sensor/coding discs at the drum gears/main drive going dirty and causing color reg issues?

asrar
06-24-2016, 07:21 PM
Got a problem with c452 that colour registration moves out when doing multi copies and printing....some examples attached.
We already changed drum drive section because of p31 code ...code gone but still colours shifts. But what is strange, 1st copy perfect and after 2nd copy or print colour shifting occours till end of job.upon starting new job whole cycle the same....( Happens with black copies and prints too )
parts changed : all image units , transfer unit ,fusingunit , lazerunit and tested hv board ,controller,io board,lazerunit relayboard...
Cleaned machine and transferbelt sensors,,,even swopped sensors around...
Any suggestions pleeeeease!!!!15544:confused::confused::confused:

where are you from ?

Albonline
06-24-2016, 08:19 PM

paper is still at 2nd xfer when accelerated by fuser pulling it.

Albonline
06-24-2016, 08:27 PM
dont think this is a problem with the loop detector, looks more like a motor sync issue, or a slipping clutch. are images compressed/stretched?

EarthKmTech
06-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Isn't that the machine type with the sensor/coding discs at the drum gears/main drive going dirty and causing color reg issues?

Some epic thread digging going on here, but I'll add my 2c here. I had this exact problem last year on a C654e printing a4 or a3 and it ended up being the black drum drive encoder disk. There were no errors logged by the machine at all. Replacement of the complete main drive unit fixed the problem for me. Apparently it is very common in dusty environments and may not always come up with a warning. That disks slits are so thin it doesn't take much dirt to cause a problem.

Custom Search