PDA

View Full Version : cartridge failure in hp photosmart 8150 printer

Custom Search

Caldo
11-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Hi there,

I have been trying to install a hp94 black ink cartridge in my hp color photosmart 8150 printer and it has been giving a message that the cartridge have failed and to replace it with a new one, the color cartridge is ok but not the black cartridge, i then bought a hp94 bk geniune cartridge to install at the printer but still the same message appear.
Can anyone help me with what i have to do to get the printer to read the cartridge or might advise on what's going on with the printer?

As i still don't really know if the printer or the cartridge is the problem.

Caldo.

blackcat4866
11-27-2007, 01:19 AM
These are a few of the general-purpose tricks for injet printers.

1) Gently clean the cartridge contacts with alcohol & Q-tip or pencil eraser. (Brush away bits of eraser with a small brush, not your finger. It defeats the purpose of cleaning the contacts.)

2) Clean print head surface with alcohol & towel.

3) Run head cleaning several times (5 to 10 times).

4) If no improvement, the capping assembly is probably backed up, full of waste ink. Some of these capping assemblies are fairly easy to remove. Others can be difficult to impossible, and always always always very messy.

If you decide to remove the capping assembly, clean out what ink you can with a small screwdriver or spatula. Rinse out the rest of the ink in warm water in a sink. Do not try this with the capping assembly in the printer.

Caldo
11-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Hi There,

Thanks very very much for that advise iam sure it will help solve my problem this time.

cheers

Custom Search