PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine AA=dead fiery?

Custom Search

Mr1ncred1ble
04-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I've got a IC-413 (Fiery E100 70-60C-KM) connected to a C6000 with about 63000 prints on it. The machine control panel initially displays a message that the "controller is not connected" and the LED on the fiery displays AA after starting up. I have replaced HDD and RAM but when i follow the service manual exactly and install system software via USB or LAN I get 02 on the LED display and it stays like that for more than an hour. Next step is to replace the mobo, has anyone seen and resolved this issue? Also, is there a list or chart depicting what the LED codes actually mean? I did a forum search for IC-413, the panel message, and the LED codes and got nothing, thanks in advance.

Albonline
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
check this

remati
04-24-2012, 11:11 PM
I've got a IC-413 (Fiery E100 70-60C-KM) connected to a C6000 with about 63000 prints on it. The machine control panel initially displays a message that the "controller is not connected" and the LED on the fiery displays AA after starting up. I have replaced HDD and RAM but when i follow the service manual exactly and install system software via USB or LAN I get 02 on the LED display and it stays like that for more than an hour. Next step is to replace the mobo, has anyone seen and resolved this issue? Also, is there a list or chart depicting what the LED codes actually mean? I did a forum search for IC-413, the panel message, and the LED codes and got nothing, thanks in advance.

.....You must reimput the system software in the IC..

KenB
04-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Maybe it needs an "AA" battery?

Sorry, that was just waaaaaay too easy. ;)

jrf
05-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Did you have any luck with repair, I've got same problem now, first it started with code 9A and changed to 02 after loading system software

newmang
05-03-2012, 10:13 AM
I had this 2 days ago, reloaded system software and patched, customer called and fault has re-occured today. Currently reloading again and fully patching. Will see what happens

d.v.ramanababu
02-15-2013, 12:17 PM
it will repeated after some days what is the permanent solution for AA problem in IC413 Fiery controller.i updated patches and re install software too.

MAD0RAM
02-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Just recently had this and replaced controller hard drive. Been a month or so with no issues.

lnkumaar
03-22-2013, 06:35 AM
i think, the problem was due to lack of proper shut down.

i hope u r shutting down controller, properly.
if not, try it.

go to controller on the control panel of the machine

and den
SHUTDOWN FIERY

den switch off sub power and den main power.

knightfall
03-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Maybe it needs an "AA" battery?

Sorry, that was just waaaaaay too easy. ;)

no it needs to go to an AA meeting, lol

DigiMan
03-29-2013, 06:25 PM

Its an old thread but since ive done this thing A LOT of times i thought i could give some insight to some of the questions.AA mostly occurs when the controller is not properly shutted down(on machine panel Controller->Shut down Fiery) or in some times from power shortages!When you install the software over the old one it takes about 30 mins to complete then u have to shut down and restart(i even wrote a different manual for myself on how to do it cuz with sm sometimes it would still get stuck on AA).when u first open the machine it will run circles of numbers from 01 to 03 with 03 taking the longest,40mins sometimes(its decompressing the files u installed on it) which takes some time(in some machines it takes more time than others,dont rly know why.)I only had once an issue when it would still stay at AA after 3 hours of toying with it and i had to change the hd.Hope i helped anyone(and correct me if i said anything wrong lol :D ).

johnnymeg
05-14-2013, 04:02 AM
I just had this problem pop up today. I tried to reload system software from the disk that came with the fiery but i get a vbs script error right away. I also tried to load it to a thumb drive useing the USB utilite but it goes from 30 min to several hours then gives an error. I am pretty sure it is a bad file on the disk. Has any one else seen this with the disks that come with it? I ordered a new cd from Kmbs but it's on back order till the end of the month. Does any one know if I could get it directly from EFI? Thanks in advance.

Albonline
05-14-2013, 01:59 PM
most often the hdd on these fireys. best to find a good working unit and image the drive. if you replace the hdd and intend loading system code to it, make sure there are no partitions on it.

johnnymeg
05-14-2013, 04:53 PM
I have discovered that the problem loading the system software was with my laptop not the disk. In my case the AA is probably not a bad HDD because I can remote into the Fiery and windows has booted but the Fiery software is not loading. It had a message about a corrupt file.

iduno2much
05-20-2013, 07:18 PM
There are 2 Fiery patches that can help with AA codes. Install them after you get it up and running.

johnnymeg
05-20-2013, 11:44 PM
There are 2 Fiery patches that can help with AA codes. Install them after you get it up and running.

Thanks, I had found them. I think the customer caused this problem. there computer was locking up so they were rebooting the fiery and the machine.

Issac-brock
06-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Its an old thread but since ive done this thing A LOT of times i thought i could give some insight to some of the questions.AA mostly occurs when the controller is not properly shutted down(on machine panel Controller->Shut down Fiery) or in some times from power shortages!When you install the software over the old one it takes about 30 mins to complete then u have to shut down and restart(i even wrote a different manual for myself on how to do it cuz with sm sometimes it would still get stuck on AA).when u first open the machine it will run circles of numbers from 01 to 03 with 03 taking the longest,40mins sometimes(its decompressing the files u installed on it) which takes some time(in some machines it takes more time than others,dont rly know why.)I only had once an issue when it would still stay at AA after 3 hours of toying with it and i had to change the hd.Hope i helped anyone(and correct me if i said anything wrong lol :D ).

Very helpful, manual is lacking as usual. I had installed a new HDD and OS but after many reboots and lockups it is at AA....reinstalling now. Still on 03 but I'm sure it will be OK. Some kind of network issues and old HDD/OS would not work except on DHCP which is not the same subnet it is supposed to be on. Setting IP static works but machine cannot be seen from the subnet their PC's are on....odd stuff. Also the Config button in CMD WS says to enable web tools however they are enabled, thus the reload.

allan
06-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Hehe. I use these fiery boxes for linux pc's. It shows AA if its booted and running. Could be the the interface card or software.

rindraintsoa
04-30-2018, 06:38 PM
Hello all,
I have the same problem, I have finished the new installation of the fiery system software using an usb stick. But when I try to restatrt the fiery I'v got 9A error code or message code on the LED I was wondering if someone can tell me the signification of each code shoed n the led panel. Or at least if someone can telle me what does it mean.
Thanks a lot

Synthohol
04-30-2018, 07:17 PM
Flip the 2 dip switches and do it via network cable into the copier port instead.
Never liked or trusted the usb method.

Phil B.
04-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Hello all,
I have the same problem, I have finished the new installation of the fiery system software using an usb stick. But when I try to restatrt the fiery I'v got 9A error code or message code on the LED I was wondering if someone can tell me the signification of each code shoed n the led panel. Or at least if someone can telle me what does it mean.
Thanks a lot
different code than the original thread...

START YOUR OWN THREAD!

feracampos
02-11-2023, 05:57 PM
Hello! Here we go again...
Recently I'm having this error and I have seen somewhere that exists some patches to solve it.
I have c7000 with IC-413 fiery, and now it is showing the AA code.
Accessing by remote desktop, it shows this error:

Anyone has these patches?
Thank you!

Synthohol
02-11-2023, 09:34 PM
i would first remove the cover and make sure everything is seated ok like the CPU heatsink.
its odd that you can still access RDC when it shows AA on the LED.
keep in mind those came with XP on them and of anything tries to update to 7 or 10 there is a special bios and more ram (and a windows 7\10 key) that has to be done first.
if it does have XP on it i have the ISO to reinstall the system.

Synthohol
02-11-2023, 09:38 PM
i dont think patches will do anything, best to just reinstall from scratch.
an hour later all should be ok.

PM sent :)

thanks for being a contributor

feracampos
02-12-2023, 12:38 AM
Thank you Synthohol!

Done reinstalling.
It's a XP windows and after reinstalling the System 9 all became ok.
Lost paper configs and some adjustments.

After checking that all is ok, I have done a clone of the disk with Macrium Reflect, and the Fiery now is running on SSD.
Saved the original HDD for backup and future proof.

Synthohol
02-12-2023, 03:58 AM
very happy it all worked out.

artivity
05-21-2023, 02:22 PM
i dont think patches will do anything, best to just reinstall from scratch.
an hour later all should be ok.

PM sent :)

thanks for being a contributor

I have same troble today, could you please gimme insight how to fix it, various ways from this thread i did it, but i didnt fix the sytem because i dont undertsand
best regards

wjurls
05-22-2023, 05:00 PM
Thank you Synthohol!

Done reinstalling.
It's a XP windows and after reinstalling the System 9 all became ok.
Lost paper configs and some adjustments.

After checking that all is ok, I have done a clone of the disk with Macrium Reflect, and the Fiery now is running on SSD.
Saved the original HDD for backup and future proof.

If you have this running on SSD, I would suggest putting the Fiery on a UPS. I had problems with an IC-415 that I put on an SSD losing all data anytime power went out.

Custom Search