PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub Pro C6500 Accessory not recognized by Fiery

Custom Search

aimprint
04-23-2012, 12:14 AM
I am trying to upgrade a C6500 finishing unit from tray output to FS-503. I can connect it fine with the Relay unit and the copier. The machine boots and sees it. and if all I do is copy of the glass (Copy Function) it utilizes it fine. When I try and use the print function with the standard hang on the back fiery it errors out that "No compatible finisher is attached" I must need to go into the fiery and turn something on by the logic of it... just cant figure out where and I dont have a manual for the fiery. A little help would be appreciated

Mr Spock
04-23-2012, 02:06 AM
did you register the serial number
then recall standard data > factory defaults

Also you may need to flash the firmware if this is a used finisher.
This can be used on the 1050 so the firmware may be the of the wrong type.

ineo+6501
04-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Here in the UK I can remember being told on the training course for the 6501, that the basic hang on the back fiery is not suitable (will not work) with any option that requires the relay unit. Only the all-round basic booklet finisher, which connects straight to the copier body, can be used with it.

I've never tried myself but you may need the bigger fiery.

Albonline
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Here in the UK I can remember being told on the training course for the 6501, that the basic hang on the back fiery is not suitable (will not work) with any option that requires the relay unit. Only the all-round basic booklet finisher, which connects straight to the copier body, can be used with it.

I've never tried myself but you may need the bigger fiery.

this Is exactly correct, the ic 408 will not work with anything that requires a relay unit.

Custom Search