PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta CF1501--several problems--HELP!

Custom Search

techhelpbr
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM
I'm being tortured by a KM CF1501 that has a few issues that I can't make heads or tails of. I would be extremely grateful (and relieved) if anyone has any information that might help me. I have all of the manuals for it, but nothing in any of the manuals has helped me.

1) Copies are blurry. Since this issue only arises with copies (not prints from a workstation) I assume this is a CCD focus issue. I loosened the screws to experiment with moving the CCD back and forth, and managed to get one test copy before I ran in to the next issue.

2) Now it gives error code C0650 and won't do anything at all. When I tried my second test copy, I heard a humming sound and then the error code popped up. I noted that now the the scanner motor does not briefly come on when the machine is switched on, nor does the scan lamp turn on. The cooling fans in the top section will briefly twitch upon power on, but do not move beyond that. From the manual I gather that either the scanner control board or the scanner motor is bad, but since the fans and lamp don't appear to be working I don't know which or if yet another part has failed. The scan assembly moves freely and smoothly by hand, so I don't think it's a mechanical problem. As soon as I switch the machine on it gives the error code.

3) Both prints and copies are dull. The overall color balance seems skewed towards black or brown. I have tried every adjustment I could find to correct this without success. I printed the color calibration sheets but none of the available adjustments looked normal. I ran the color calibration routine with the printed chart but it changed nothing.

I've been wrestling with these various issues for over a month and I have some upset and not tech-savvy superiors stepping on my neck about it. I have not trained on this specific model, yet I am required to fix it. If anyone here has any helpful information, you will probably prevent my death from a perforated ulcer of the stomach.

Once again, I'll be grateful for any help with this.

Custom Search