PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 601 says original size cannot be detected...

Custom Search

blaze2000
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
From a walkup stand point, the af will detect any size paper I put in whether it be 11x17 8.5x11 8.5x5.5, having the machine on auto detect it will scan and copy all said sizes fine, except for statment 8.5x5.5. When it scan through, the df will run after the paper is ejected until the message "original size cannot be detected" and I have to open the df to clear message. Again, letter and ledger work fine. I can move the side guides and cover certain sensors to replicate the different paper sizes and it responds as expected.

This problem can be replicated on ALL paper sizes if I enable either z-fold original setting and or mixed original setting. I go into service mode, hit adf, and execute original size adjust and it gives me OK for both 85.x11 and 5.5x8.5 results. I move on to mixed original size adjust. In this mode 11x17 tests fine with OK as result HOWEVER when I run the 5.5x8.5 test the machine will feed the sheet in and out of the af fine but will then lock up on the maint screen stating adjustment is executing. please wait for awhile. Adj result window displays as operating and the scan lamp stays lit. I need to restart machine with sub power switch to clear it up.

Machine is equipped with an Equitrac key counter device, and I have updated the firmware to the latest level listed on MKM.com. I have tried swapping sensors and moving them around to other area, all sensors are good. I have to think that maybe the EEPROM on the af went bad based on TAUS0901568EN02. But I really have no other ideas, the EEPROM is a long shot and am at a loss. I have newly adopted these from another dealer that we took the account over from, and so far, these 601's are crap. ( sorry about the last part just need to vent a little )

Custom Search