PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c352 gears clacking no fuser drive

Custom Search

mrfuser
04-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Take it all Apart and find no broken gears. We can turn Fuser gears fine, can look at internal copier gears, all look fine. We install Fuser and get clacking like a gear is.broke and paper stops at Fuser entrance.

Any thoughts? Is Fuser just shot and not showing up until.drive starts?

Thanks all!

Kelly

Spratt
04-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Take a look at the black fuser drive housing. Its quite common for it to crack, you may even be able to see the crack if you remove the fuser and put pressure on the drive shaft.
Hope this helps.

EarthKmTech
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
There is a "counternance kit" for this very issue. It supports the fusing drive shaft and stops the housing breaking any further.

I have had housings too far gone and had to replace them regardless.

(black fusing drive housing)

Very very very very very common, and usually starts at about 500k prints

Albonline
04-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Take a closer look at the drive gear , they have been known to crack and then they click when under load.

EarthKmTech
04-30-2012, 10:38 PM

lets see if this works - I haven't attached files before...

anyway, Mrfuser, as requested, this document will answer your questions. the others I have on the issue are too large to attach due to the forums stupidly small arbitrary attachment size limit.

the hairline fracture in the housing is not always visible to the human eye, but will be enough for the housing to flex under load and cause the fuser drive gear to just bounce down and skip teeth rather than mesh with its gear.

mrfuser
01-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Earthkm that was the fix thank you!

tsbservice
01-16-2020, 06:17 PM

lets see if this works - I haven't attached files before...

anyway, Mrfuser, as requested, this document will answer your questions. the others I have on the issue are too large to attach due to the forums stupidly small arbitrary attachment size limit.

the hairline fracture in the housing is not always visible to the human eye, but will be enough for the housing to flex under load and cause the fuser drive gear to just bounce down and skip teeth rather than mesh with its gear.

Earthkm that was the fix thank you!

Kelly, now, that's another STORY! Is that hard for you? It took you 8 full years just to say Thank You to someone that don't even meet you and still helped out!
KEEP UP that spirit and sooner or later you will start gaining your green bricks...if that even matter something. Anyway Thank You for helping others!
tsb

Custom Search