PDA

View Full Version : C351 -- SMB scan to server -- "Server Connect Error"

Custom Search

tbashaw
05-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I am trying to set up SMB scan to a shared folder of the server which is part of a domain. I've tried setting it up through the control panel as well as web connection page scope. I also have a c353 scanning to server working properly.

When trying to scan to saved address i get "address not entered." Details of error says "server connect error."

If I try to enter address directly, select reference, my domain shows up. But when i try to open the domain it says "failed to get information." Domain is password protected. It doesn't give me the option to enter password. Ping to IP address form control panel is successful. Ping to host name is not.

TheOwl
05-03-2012, 07:18 AM
I think I read your post correctly so here goes...

There can be a couple of issues with machines scanning to server if the server are part of a domain or are domain controllers.

1. Utility - Admin Setting - Network Setting - SMB Setting - Client Setting - Enable NTLM v1/v2
2. Utility - Admin Setting - Network Setting - TCP/IP Setting - DNS Domain - Make sure that the fully qualified domain name is entered in.

With Konica Minolta's scanning to a network share on a domain, they need to Authenticate with Active Directory which uses NTLM v2. Konica Minoltas also won't accept (except it looks as though they do on the web interface) Domain\Username entries for the username. Konica Minoltas use the plain username and the DNS Domain name to create a fully qualified username such as user@domain.local.

The last thing is that if the share is hidden and the user that the copier is trying to use does not have permission to modify the share, then you will get a 'Server Connection Error' when you would normally expect a 'Login Error'.

mrwho
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Could be unrelated, but check if both the computer's and machine's clocks are correctly set.

tbashaw
05-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you! I appreciate the help. I can scan to any shared folder on any computer within the domain; with valid domain username and password.(Username/Password stored in scan destinations) using public access or no user authentication.

I can't get Active Directory User Authentication to work. I just tried username@domain.local, and every other possibility. no luck. When I scan to another computer on the domain, all I need is domain username and password that has rights to that folder. I just can't scan to server with c351. I opened up security on server but I don't think that is issue since my c353 scans with no issues.(also no user authentication besides username and password in scan destination settings).

also, can't browse domain from control panel, but can scan to computers on domain. just not server on domain. ex:

---protected shared file on password protected domain computer works:
\\192.168.0.67\scantest *works

---shared folder on domain server
\\192.168.0.5\scantest * doesn't work

If the path was entered wrong would it be a "server connect error"?

Is software/firmware a possibility? Is there a big difference between C351 and C353?

* Noticed I can't connect via i.p. address when adding printer even. Have to install general device then add driver, unlike any other device including the C535. Also cannot connect to device with konica backup utility. Maybe NIC?

[QUOTE=TheOwl;288676]I think I read your post correctly so here goes...

There can be a couple of issues with machines scanning to server if the server are part of a domain or are domain controllers.

1. Utility - Admin Setting - Network Setting - SMB Setting - Client Setting - Enable NTLM v1/v2 *done
2. Utility - Admin Setting - Network Setting - TCP/IP Setting - DNS Domain - Make sure that the fully qualified domain name is entered in. *done

With Konica Minolta's scanning to a network share on a domain, they need to Authenticate with Active Directory which uses NTLM v2. Konica Minoltas also won't accept (except it looks as though they do on the web interface) Domain\Username entries for the username. Konica Minoltas use the plain username and the DNS Domain name to create a fully qualified username such as user@domain.local.

The last thing is that if the share is hidden and the user that the copier is trying to use does not have permission to modify the share, then you will get a 'Server Connection Error' when you would normally expect a 'Login Error'.[/QUOTE *gave copier an administrator user for now, testing purposes.

Custom Search