PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 423 with a fs 527 have a c1183 code

Custom Search

brent
05-03-2012, 05:05 AM
the machine just will not fire up. the manual says elevator sensors in the fs 527
the konica minolta website does not have any bulletins on this.
anybody have any thoughts on this code?

thanks
brent

TheOwl
05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
[Product Name]
bizhub C220
bizhub C280
bizhub C360
bizhub C452

[Option]
FS-527

[Subject]
FS-527, C1183

[Description]

C1183 when removing copies from the main exit tray.

[Solution]

The lever of the original actuator 2 was too short by 1.6mm.
The modified actuator is 1.6mm longer.

Please order the modified actuator (A0HR897300) and replace it.

note: The partnumber is the same as the old type.

From Serial No.: A0HRWY1016166 and onwards. (16th November, 2009) the finishers have been modified from the factory.

Please see attachment for identification of the "old" and "new" type of actuator.
Note that the "old" type has a flat edge while the "new" type has a curved edge.

Tip:
It is advisable to put a smal (pen) mark on the label of the finisher serial number since it is difficult to see if the actuator has been modified.

TheOwl
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
[Product Name]
bizhub C203
bizhub C253
bizhub C353
bizhub C353P
bizhub C451

[Option]
MT-502, SD-505, OT-602, FS-519

[Subject]
FS-519, C1183.

[Description]

FS-519, C1183 (C-1183) error code (may be intermittent).

[Solution]

When outputting paper to Tray 3
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. The lower adjust plate is not in the correct position.
Note: The FS-519 is configured with an OT-602 (Additional Output Tray) installed in conjunction with an MT-502 (Mailbin Kit) or a SD-505 (Saddle Stitcher Kit).
Position the lower adjust plate in the correct position according to the attached OT-602 Installation Manual. The proper placement of the adjust plate is shown on page E-3, step IV Installation procedures (if mailbin/saddle stitcher is mounted) in figure (9J06IXC129DB).

2. The bracket that holds PS11 is malformed or the sensor may have failed.
Replace the PS11 holding bracket (p/n 9J08 9104 00) and PS11 (p/n 4037 0905 01) if deemed necessary.

At power up
CAUSE: PS11 has failed.

SOLUTION: Replace PS11 (p/n 4037 0905 01).

After servicing the finisher.
CAUSE: Improper wire harness routing causing interference with the PS11 elevator home sensor.

SOLUTION: Route the wiring harness through the harness holder correctly. Refer to the attached document for more details. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at:

TheOwl
05-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Different models of engine, but well worth looking at.

EarthKmTech
05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I've no idea how anyone who's sold FS-527's doesn't know about this already :cool:

PS, it happens with the new actuators too - I can change blind folded with 1 arm tied behind my back now.

When its an already updated version I change the photo-interuptor at the same time as the actuator and in general it never returns again for the same issue.

If the output tray has crashed into something and is no longer level the fault will return - this must be corrected.

[Product Name]
bizhub C220
bizhub C280
bizhub C360
bizhub C452

[Option]
FS-527

[Subject]
FS-527, C1183

[Description]

C1183 when removing copies from the main exit tray.

[TR]
[TD="class: DETAIL_TAD_CAPTION, width: 18%, align: right"][Solution]

The lever of the original actuator 2 was too short by 1.6mm.
The modified actuator is 1.6mm longer.

Please order the modified actuator (A0HR897300) and replace it.

note: The partnumber is the same as the old type.

From Serial No.: A0HRWY1016166 and onwards. (16th November, 2009) the finishers have been modified from the factory.

Please see attachment for identification of the "old" and "new" type of actuator.
Note that the "old" type has a flat edge while the "new" type has a curved edge.

Tip:
It is advisable to put a smal (pen) mark on the label of the finisher serial number since it is difficult to see if the actuator has been modified.

blackcat4866
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Last week I came across gear 18T shattered, I'm not sure why. Maybe the actuator?

The tray was jammed at the top of its travel. When I removed the shattered bits of gear it resumed function (I guess there is enough gear left).

You'll need to perform a trouble reset. =^..^=

brent
05-03-2012, 01:34 PM
pearth. I only have 2 of these finishers in the field. before you start..

have not had any problems with these to this point.

I am going to address this machine today.

thank you!

mo0651
05-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Actuator was caught by the tray, it got bent somehow. we reformed it. Then ordered a new one just in case.

brent
05-04-2012, 03:49 AM
I had a bad crazy busy day. I did download the parts manual.
but are we talking the sensor. the exit sensor and actuator for the top tray?

sorry if I sound dumb. I just havent had time to sit down and digest what
you guys posted here yet. thanks

brent

Avskrap
05-04-2012, 11:16 AM
These are the actuators that the tray hits, causing the code. The one I circled in red I've seen snap several times, but it can be glued back. It's quite a hassle getting to this assembly, but it's quite easy once you figure out the angles of attack. The shaft that these actuators are mounted on is usually bent, banana style, just align it, along with bending the sensor mounting plate upwards about 1-2 mm.

Good luck!

http://i47.tinypic.com/3013712.jpg

brent
05-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I wish I could see the diagram you sent.
thanks. I am headed to work. gotta
get it done today

brent

brent
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
wow that actuator if it is the long one. is really tight in the machine.
I would love for the guy to come replace it with one hand behind his back.. lol althogh
I do believe he can. question. now that I am in the finisher arms deep. how much
dissasembly is required to get that actuator out? don't know if my hands a are too big
or my brain is too small. but Im having a hell of a time. it seems the actuator has came
out of the side pivots.
thanks for all the imput guy's. much appreciated
brent

emujo
05-04-2012, 07:12 PM
If you remove the jogging motor (inside and behind the lower panel) you moght have enough room to get a hand up there to fix the sensor..If not you need to take out the same motor, then the lower panel..not that difficult after you do it once. Emujo

brent
05-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I see the sensor. it will suck. but it wont be that bad. the actuator is another story. it seems very hard to remove. then to get it back into those 2 side brackets. one thing I did notice is that the actuator seemed ok. even though I am going to order the new ones. but it has popped out of those side brackets and away from the sensor on the bottom. so that sensor was not blocked. and the machine must have threw a code from the elevator not going up all the way. or too high.

brent

brent
05-22-2012, 11:03 PM
I was wondering if someone would explain the procedure on replacing this new actuator. I got all the other things fixed. not it is time to work on this one again. I did flip through the service manual. how much dissasembly is required to acheive this task? I am asking for assistance. please?

thanks for your consideration

brent

blackcat4866
08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
It's too late now ... but I just did it yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind.

Remove top cover (4 screws), so you can manually drive the tray up/down as needed to remove these items:
Remove the 25m wide trim pieces (4) along the sides of the vertical panels.
From inside remove the jog motor assy, C-clip and large white gear, two C-clips and bearings.
Remove lower vertical panel knockout (for booklet maker if you've ever installed one).
Lower the tray assembly below the upper vertical panel. Lift panel to remove it from the rails. Disconnect harness to the sensor.
The flag you want is still attached to that vertical panel in your hand. The front bracket unscrews to release the flag.

The flag relies on gravity to return to home. If the rod get's too bent, it won't return. I can't imagine how you could reform that rod without removing the flag entirely. =^..^=

andyf424
06-27-2016, 08:10 PM
It's too late now ... but I just did it yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind.

Remove top cover (4 screws), so you can manually drive the tray up/down as needed to remove these items:
Remove the 25m wide trim pieces (4) along the sides of the vertical panels.
From inside remove the jog motor assy, C-clip and large white gear, two C-clips and bearings.
Remove lower vertical panel knockout (for booklet maker if you've ever installed one).
Lower the tray assembly below the upper vertical panel. Lift panel to remove it from the rails. Disconnect harness to the sensor.
The flag you want is still attached to that vertical panel in your hand. The front bracket unscrews to release the flag.

The flag relies on gravity to return to home. If the rod get's too bent, it won't return. I can't imagine how you could reform that rod without removing the flag entirely. =^..^=

blackcat, you saved my a$$ again.

Custom Search