PDA

View Full Version : CQ C451 scratches 160g/m2 paper

Custom Search

mrwho
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I've got a machine putting some odd scratches on some 160g (thick 2, for those of you using imperial units) silky-touch paper. The weird part is that I cannot find anything that fits the pattern, so I don't know what to clean/bend/change.

Here's an example with the (approximate) measures.15728
The red notes were, obviously, "photoshopped" (quote marks because I'm a paintshoppro user).

Also the scratches are very thin, akin to a hair, and most of the guides on the machine are way thicker than that.

Any hints? Thanks!

blackcat4866
05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
How about drum separation claws, primary transfer belt claws, or fuser claws.

Personally I'm leaning toward fuser claws because of the heavy fill original. I'm not sure that there will be anything to do, if it is fuser claws. Cleaning, of course. But with heavy fill they'll continue to get contaminated. =^..^=

emujo
05-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Agree with Black Cat...had one where the customer selected thick 3 for all paper sources and loaded plain 20LB stock in all drawers..(did this just to "save time"). Toner was splattered all over the inlet guides and as it built up and melted, it looked like mini stalagtites (or "mites" been out of school for some time now)..they were dripping down and brushing the paper as it went into the fuser causing the same "scratches". Emujo

Custom Search