PDA

View Full Version : c 360 default to print black only.

Custom Search

brent
05-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I know there is a setting to (from the mfp screen) to make the machine only print black and white. unless you specify color. customer is afraid of everyone printing colors unneccesarily. does someone know that procedure. i have done it before. but can not remember now. thanks
brent

mervyn
05-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Utility key-user-copier and the third box down change to current. Set the machine to black before you do this.

emujo
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
"print" and "copy' are 2 different terms...

To default to B&W copies...set color mode to B&W, get into Utility Mode, User Settings, Copier settings, Default settings and select current settings

For Printing, you must go into the printers folder, right click and go to properties (printer properties for Win7), Printing preferances, Quality Tab, set color to grey scale, Apply. Emujo

brent
05-04-2012, 07:15 PM
thanks gentlemen. I know print and copy are different. when they print. the machine should differentiate. if not that is ok. just wanted the machine to be defaulted to black all the time. to prohibit unneccesary color copies. (customer request) thanks again

brent

emujo
05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I know there is a setting to (from the mfp screen) to make the machine only print black and white. unless you specify color. customer is afraid of everyone printing colors unneccesarily. does someone know that procedure. i have done it before. but can not remember now. thanks
brent

OK maybe I didn't understand what you were asking...If you turn on user authentication, and/or account track, then you can go through the control panel and set the allowed outputs on the authorized users...ie no color copy/print/scan...but the users would not be able to modify this selection..I still sounds like you are asking how to default to B&W in for copy and print...Drivers are defaulted through the preferances screen (shared drivers would be defaulted through the Advanced/printing defaults tab)..I know of no setting through the MFP control panel that would allow you to do what you ask..If you find it please post..Emujo

brent
05-04-2012, 07:40 PM
ive done this before. but did not know how to get to the screen. you do have to select black. then like mervyn said.. that way it is always on the current screen. which will be a black copy. even when you hit the reset. it will still be on black. thank you mervyn... and emujo

Darren King
05-04-2012, 09:13 PM
ive done this before. but did not know how to get to the screen. you do have to select black. then like mervyn said.. that way it is always on the current screen. which will be a black copy. even when you hit the reset. it will still be on black. thank you mervyn... and emujo

This setting will default the machine to black copies. It will not "prohibit" colour copies. It also will not default printing to black.

brent
05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I never said it did. it will make black copies from the glass or doc feeder. unless you tell it you want color copies right? I know that it will still print color from the computers.

brent

Darren King
05-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Yes

brent
05-04-2012, 09:31 PM
that is how I am gonna go then. thanks for all your help

brent

acusso1234
05-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Another way is to use the MONO driver available on KM site...prints came out only in b&w

brent
05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
ya but If I did that. they would want to print color. I probably won't use a mono driver
but appreciate the info

brent

JR2ALTA
05-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Another way is to use the MONO driver available on KM site...prints came out only in b&w

Where is this mono driver? recently had a client requesting one for a c353, I couldn't find it.

acusso1234
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Where is this mono driver? recently had a client requesting one for a c353, I couldn't find it.

I can't find it too, but i know that the C360 series driver works on C353 too...

Online Services - Document Information

(http://download6.konicaminolta.eu/konmin/servlet/KonMinMaster;jsessionid=0C53ADF7B96B3882592D5D5432 4FE39A.node03_02?path=../search.jsp&mode=show&document=240310)

Custom Search