PDA

View Full Version : KM C353 stuck in the planet screen...

Custom Search

Logged-on
05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
(The copier is actually an Oce 3522)

I'm not sure what happened, but the copier starts with an hourglass, goes to the planet screen, then the print key goes blue, and the machine functions properly, the only problem is that the screen is stuck on the planet screen. All the soft key functions are there, but only if you remember where they are located. I'm guessing a firmware update would help, if anyone could comfirm or suggest what steps to take that would be appreciated. ;)

Kidaver
05-04-2012, 08:18 PM
There is a KM TAD TAUS0701329EN08 that mentions something like this...it's some software setting that needs to be changed....came across it researching another problem...hope this helps

empiru
05-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah... a few weeks ago I had a 253, which is basically the same machine, only slower that was stuck on the hour glass screen. For that, there is a special firmware update that solves only THAT problem. For you, I'm guessing a simple firmware update would be enough. You will need a CF Card (I recommend 128 MB capacity), the actual firmware and a screwdriver.
On the right side of the machine, to the back, where the LAN cable goes in, you will spot a tiny little metal-thing, like a cover that has one screw. You take that off, turn the machine off, put the CF Card in, start the machine, select from the FIRMWARE UPDATE screen which firmware you want to update and wait for it to finish.
After that, turn the machine OFF, take out the CF Card, start the machine and it should be good to go.

I really hope you're a technician, judging by the number of posts, as I didn't have time to read some of them to make sure. Otherwise, I will be sorry for helping an end-user.

Good Luck!

Logged-on
05-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the replies, yes I am a technician, I was working on Panasonics, but my company changed brands, to Toshibas and Laniers, and they figured it was cheaper to fire all their Panasonic techs, and hire experienced Lanier techs and Toshiba techs rather then training their Long term employees. I'm still wet behind the ears on the newer KM models, and don't have a lot of support, so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask.

Dougtech
05-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I had this exact same problem. I fixed it by first loading the "emergency recovery" firmware, followed by regular firmware. I no longer work for a Konica dealer so I don't know where to get it though. Procedure was just like Empiru said.

eddie110171
05-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I thought the planet screen was on the Oki models. They are not the same as the NEC IT-35C5 and the Konica C353. The drums, toners, and firmware are different.

kronical
05-06-2012, 03:57 AM
I thought the planet screen was on the Oki models. They are not the same as the NEC IT-35C5 and the Konica C353. The drums, toners, and firmware are different.

The planets screen is on all KM models 'tuxedo' style. It replaces the KM logo screen when OEM mode is turned on in service mode.

langelot
06-02-2012, 02:29 AM
[Does anyone know if the Oce CM 3522 (KM C353) uses a special oce firmware or is it the same standard KM software. Will it accept the KM firmware and if it will, will it cause issues?

kronical
06-02-2012, 06:28 AM
The label says biz c353 so its the same. We get them without the km logo and put our own on them. IU/toners not compatible so fw is diff only in model info. Km fw will make it a c353 instead of cm3522 and should be fine with km ius/toners.

langelot
06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
The slots where the toner cartridges goes into and locks into are also different. I had to break a few tabs on the konica cartridge to get it to fit the Océ, only to see that the machine didn't recognize the chip on the cartridge as being the right model.

Darren King
06-03-2012, 02:48 PM
It is only a software switch that tells the machine whether it is a KonMin or one of the various non OEM brands. Once you change the softswitch you can load firmware for KonMin

langelot
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks Darren King - that makes sense!

The problem is that what I really need to do is to install the Océ Firmware for the PPLM (Proactive Part Lifecycle Management) - a fancy term for changing the firmware and settings so that the machine will never ask again for an I/U, Fuser or transfer belt to be replaced - A great money saver for any service department - and change only the parts once they fail - Im pretty sure it doesn't exists.

If I do manage to flip the dip switch telling the machine it is a KM and install the Konica PPLM firmware, I will need to flip the appropriate dip switch back to let it know it is an Océ, otherwise, the machine will detect the chips on the I/U units and toner cartridges as being the wrong model (Océ).

Does anyone know which dipswitches it is that need to be changed? I figure it will probably be in the set-up/installation instructions that goes to Océ for this machine.

All feedback greatly appreciated.

Custom Search