• Show
Clear All
  • Logged-on
    Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
    • Sep 2010

KM C353 stuck in the planet screen...

(The copier is actually an Oce 3522)

I'm not sure what happened, but the copier starts with an hourglass, goes to the planet screen, then the print key goes blue, and the machine functions properly, the only problem is that the screen is stuck on the planet screen. All the soft key functions are there, but only if you remember where they are located. I'm guessing a firmware update would help, if anyone could comfirm or suggest what steps to take that would be appreciated.
  • Kidaver
    Ghoulscout

500+ Posts
    • Apr 2011

Re: KM C353 stuck in the planet screen...

There is a KM TAD TAUS0701329EN08 that mentions something like this...it's some software setting that needs to be changed....came across it researching another problem...hope this helps
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Comment

• empiru
      Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
      • Feb 2011

Yeah... a few weeks ago I had a 253, which is basically the same machine, only slower that was stuck on the hour glass screen. For that, there is a special firmware update that solves only THAT problem. For you, I'm guessing a simple firmware update would be enough. You will need a CF Card (I recommend 128 MB capacity), the actual firmware and a screwdriver.
      On the right side of the machine, to the back, where the LAN cable goes in, you will spot a tiny little metal-thing, like a cover that has one screw. You take that off, turn the machine off, put the CF Card in, start the machine, select from the FIRMWARE UPDATE screen which firmware you want to update and wait for it to finish.
      After that, turn the machine OFF, take out the CF Card, start the machine and it should be good to go.

I really hope you're a technician, judging by the number of posts, as I didn't have time to read some of them to make sure. Otherwise, I will be sorry for helping an end-user.

Good Luck!
      I don't help end-users. Hate me, give me bad reputation, I don't give a rat's a**. Pay a tehnician to solve your problem! We have to live too! What do you do when something hurts? Do you go to a doctor, or do you search it on google/ forums?

Comment

• Logged-on
        Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
        • Sep 2010

Thanks for the replies, yes I am a technician, I was working on Panasonics, but my company changed brands, to Toshibas and Laniers, and they figured it was cheaper to fire all their Panasonic techs, and hire experienced Lanier techs and Toshiba techs rather then training their Long term employees. I'm still wet behind the ears on the newer KM models, and don't have a lot of support, so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask.

Comment

• Dougtech
          Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
          100+ Posts
          • Apr 2011

I had this exact same problem. I fixed it by first loading the "emergency recovery" firmware, followed by regular firmware. I no longer work for a Konica dealer so I don't know where to get it though. Procedure was just like Empiru said.

Comment

• eddie110171
            Service Manager

100+ Posts
            • May 2012

I thought the planet screen was on the Oki models. They are not the same as the NEC IT-35C5 and the Konica C353. The drums, toners, and firmware are different.

Comment

• kronical
              Kronic Copier Ninja

100+ Posts
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by eddie110171
              I thought the planet screen was on the Oki models. They are not the same as the NEC IT-35C5 and the Konica C353. The drums, toners, and firmware are different.
              The planets screen is on all KM models 'tuxedo' style. It replaces the KM logo screen when OEM mode is turned on in service mode.

Comment

• langelot
                Technician
                50+ Posts
                • Nov 2008

[Does anyone know if the Oce CM 3522 (KM C353) uses a special oce firmware or is it the same standard KM software. Will it accept the KM firmware and if it will, will it cause issues?

Comment

• kronical
                  Kronic Copier Ninja

100+ Posts
                  • Nov 2009

The label says biz c353 so its the same. We get them without the km logo and put our own on them. IU/toners not compatible so fw is diff only in model info. Km fw will make it a c353 instead of cm3522 and should be fine with km ius/toners.

Comment

• langelot
                    Technician
                    50+ Posts
                    • Nov 2008

Comment

• Darren King
                      copiertech

500+ Posts
                      • Jul 2007

It is only a software switch that tells the machine whether it is a KonMin or one of the various non OEM brands. Once you change the softswitch you can load firmware for KonMin

Comment

• langelot
                        Technician
                        50+ Posts
                        • Nov 2008

Comment

Working...