PDA

View Full Version : 3803 on a C8000

Custom Search

jrf
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Anybody getting intermittent 3803 codes. I have replaced the temperature sensor and the lower belt assembly. before I go to boards etc i would appreciate any feedback,
Thank you

Splitcane
07-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Check the harness on the main fuser. I'v solved it on one machine by replacing the harness on the left side of the main fuser.

/Splitcane

jsacp1
01-03-2013, 10:16 PM
we are having the same issue with one that happens every 60-70k. was yours showing the same intermittency? i appreciate the insight to the harness as we will try that.
thanks

jrf
01-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Take a good look at assembly where the lock lever for the duplex units locks to the main body.
The metal with the screws can bend and this allows the whole fuser/duplex unit to loosen and cause poor connections .

jsacp1
02-04-2013, 10:14 PM
just wanted to follow up on this a a fix we found. we repalced the fuser temp sensors and still got the code intermittently. we ended up finding that the inner door for the toner supply section was not makingcontact with the switch. since making the adjustment of the door closing and the switch making better contact the code has not returned in over a month. hope this helps

Haroldbfix
12-13-2013, 10:22 PM
Anybody getting intermittent 3803 codes. I have replaced the temperature sensor and the lower belt assembly. before I go to boards etc i would appreciate any feedback,
Thank you

Just curious, what solved the issue. This seems to be a normal occurrence with the C8000. Tech support doesnt seem to know exaactly whats causing it either.

Any info would be appreciated

Custom Search