• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrf
    Trusted Tech
    100+ Posts
    • Feb 2009

3803 on a C8000

Anybody getting intermittent 3803 codes. I have replaced the temperature sensor and the lower belt assembly. before I go to boards etc i would appreciate any feedback,
    Thank you
  • Splitcane
    • Dec 2008

Re: 3803 on a C8000

Check the harness on the main fuser. I'v solved it on one machine by replacing the harness on the left side of the main fuser.

/Splitcane

Comment

• jsacp1

we are having the same issue with one that happens every 60-70k. was yours showing the same intermittency? i appreciate the insight to the harness as we will try that.
      thanks

Comment

• jrf
        Trusted Tech
        100+ Posts
        • Feb 2009

Take a good look at assembly where the lock lever for the duplex units locks to the main body.
        The metal with the screws can bend and this allows the whole fuser/duplex unit to loosen and cause poor connections .

Comment

• jsacp1

just wanted to follow up on this a a fix we found. we repalced the fuser temp sensors and still got the code intermittently. we ended up finding that the inner door for the toner supply section was not makingcontact with the switch. since making the adjustment of the door closing and the switch making better contact the code has not returned in over a month. hope this helps

Comment

• Haroldbfix
            Trusted Tech
            100+ Posts
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jrf
            Anybody getting intermittent 3803 codes. I have replaced the temperature sensor and the lower belt assembly. before I go to boards etc i would appreciate any feedback,
            Thank you
            Just curious, what solved the issue. This seems to be a normal occurrence with the C8000. Tech support doesnt seem to know exaactly whats causing it either.

Any info would be appreciated

Comment

Working...