PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 600 packed with toner under the wiper blade

Custom Search

bgkahuna
05-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi guys,

has anyone come across this problem, were toner gets packed under the cleaning blade. I have a few bizhub 600 that is doing this and for the life of me I cant figure out how to fix this problem. Even after a PM this is still happening. Any ideas guys???? I would really appreciate the help.

HoonBoy
05-08-2012, 09:47 PM
disconnect the clutch... it will make the recycling keep on moving...

EarthKmTech
05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
The recycling clutch gets cooked by the fusing unit and fails, i carry them in car stock. They are cheap. (mechanically cooked, not electrically)

I also adjust the soft switches to get it to operate at every print/copy job rather than the default which is intermittant.

Also ensure the waste toner transfer tube isnt blocked.

HoonBoy
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I used to adjust the interval from the clutch... but after finding out the clutch works the opposite as you would expect(stops turning while active)... leave them al disconnected... no more problems like this happened...

HuronMan
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
disconnect the clutch... it will make the recycling keep on moving...

+1 on this. And while you have the drum unit out, reach in and grab the input gear left of the drum shaft and check it. There is a 1way in it and I had 1 that was slipping. It's on the 5m service schedule.

EarthKmTech
05-08-2012, 10:47 PM
When ive had the clutch fail, its in the freewheeling position, ie, no drive to waste toner recycling. I'll try get it driving again and disconnect it and see what happens next time i see this.

EarthKmTech
05-08-2012, 10:56 PM
out of interest, on the machines with a disconnected recycling clutch, is there any improvement on recalcitrant machines that keep dropping toner/dev ?

(not talking about from the waste toner area, i mean from the usual area)

HoonBoy
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
out of interest, on the machines with a disconnected recycling clutch, is there any improvement on recalcitrant machines that keep dropping toner/dev ?

(not talking about from the waste toner area, i mean from the usual area)

No effect on that... But i have it under control with proper magnet roller adjustment and dipSW settings...

EarthKmTech
05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
yep done all that to most machines and they dont have issue - except one customer who uses crap paper, but its on our acceptable list so i cant do anything about that.

I've 2 machines that no matter whats done to them, keep dumping their dev on a regular basis, both have done 1M+ prints and were basically trouble free untill that point.

kronical
05-10-2012, 10:02 PM
How old is the dev unit on it?
Ive seen this happen when the units over life and/or getting a bias leak. Replace the whole unit and recalibrate with the toner bottle out. Should be ok after that. Also clean/replace the transfer/sep and charge units as this can cause overtoning.

Kmdurrin
05-10-2012, 11:09 PM
We've had issues with the drum ground on these models. Our workaround has been to install a washer on the front of the drum shaft and screw a piece of spring copper on to the machines frame so it can touch the washer. This has taken care of most of our dev dumping. Also check the resistance on both sides of the mag roller.

acusso1234
05-10-2012, 11:31 PM
How old is the dev unit on it?
Ive seen this happen when the units over life and/or getting a bias leak. Replace the whole unit and recalibrate with the toner bottle out. Should be ok after that. Also clean/replace the transfer/sep and charge units as this can cause overtoning.

Some time ago, a BH600 started to eat drums. It was like if the drum surface come in touch whith the Transfer/Separate corona unit, but the occourence of the damage was after about 7/10k prints...and not after3/4 prints. Turned out (3 drums later), that the profile of the metal plate that is the guide of the corona unit was deformed and this caused a modification of the paper path...it was the paper edge coming in touch with drum at a different angle...a sort of wrong loop...but under the drum...Never had paper jammed in that zone.

EarthKmTech
05-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I've been thinking of this mysterious drum grounding issue ive heard about from lifer konica techs on older machines - im yet to see it my self, but perhaps this is what my issue is. Is there a definitive way of testing if its OK or failing ?

we don't rebuild anything, every 500k brand new fusing & drum cartridge goes in with new charge unit and trans/sep unit. developing units we change at 1million, the dev roller magnet angle has been checked and is correct.

the 250k pm's just get the 250k kit put through them including developer.

this particular machine has had new everything on several occasions by other techs trying to solve this problem but as yet nothing has worked, it really needs to be dropped into the ocean as its made no money what so ever for us.

Custom Search