PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 360 only prints 2 sided from the computer

Custom Search

brent
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
went through all the settings that I know. through the print driver pcl6 I believe. I can hit the default and apply button. but it wont stay. what am I missing.. ps. manually I can get it to print single sided only. but the customer wants to select it to do a 2 sided if t hey want. not automatically

thanks
brent

Darren King
05-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Are they printing PDFs from Adobe reader 10? It is defaulted to two sided printing and you have to select one sided manually. There maybe be a way to default it to one sided but, in the brief time I spent on it I didn't see one. I just downgraded my Adobe Readed to 9.x.
Hope this helps.
Darren

brent
05-09-2012, 05:44 PM
thanks darren. that is interesting. I am sure it is adobe 10. I have not seen that platform before. and yes it is stuck on 2 sided. I did sit at the workstation and looked. but couln't figure it out either. I will do some more checking. hope someone here has ran across this as well. thanks
brent

emujo
05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
All of the recent C652/C764 installs have had 2 sided as the default...I chalked it up to the KM green program..Interesting thought that Adobe 10 might be setting the printer defaults..Emujo

SmellsHot
05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Yea that double sided default in the driver is more of a hassle now! Thanks for nothing Konica.....

kronical
05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
he drivers KM provides will only default to duplex if installed using the setup package. Throuh the wizard it does not do this.
I have not run into any issues with this on Adobe X, either the reader or pro.
Make sure you are setting the defaults on the printing defaults button under advanced. Especially if it is a server deployed driver. (will also need to be set on server in same manner)

brent
05-09-2012, 09:15 PM
well crap. I did sit and try to get it to accept the 1 sided only as a default. but it just wont keep that setting. I will keep on tryin. any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. thanks
brent

TheOwl
05-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Is the driver shared from a server or another computer on the network? If so, you will need to change the 'Printing Defaults' which will change the settings for all of the clients connected to that shared printer.

If you have installed the driver on each PC, then you will need to go through Start - Printers and Faxes (Devices and Printer on Windows 7) - Printer Properties of the driver concerned - Printing Preferences

brent
05-10-2012, 02:37 AM
we installed the printer drivers on each workstation. thought about putting it on the server as well.
I will take this information and fix em. thanks. very informative

brent

Avskrap
05-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Printer Properties -> Advanced -> Printing Defaults. Even if you change it under Devices and Printers, the setting won't stick for some reason or another. Go through the Printer Properties, and check Adobe. We've had numerous calls from customers experiencing this, where they upgraded Adobe and now it's stuck to duplex printing.
What kronical says isn't correct, since we never install printers with the package, only through the wizard and it always defaults to duplex printing.

kingarthur
05-10-2012, 12:27 PM
we had this problem with a C652...make sure that you are using either the drivers on the disc that came with the m/c..or downloaded from KM....dont use the ones that come with windows...you can tell which ones they are...if you use the ones with windows...when you go to the printers and faxes..the printer picture is just an ordinary printer..but if you use the correct drivers..you will actually see a picture of the correct mfp...

brent
05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
we did use the drivers that came with the disc in the new mfp. so by using what avskrap says. will this work then?

thanks
brent

Avskrap
05-10-2012, 03:50 PM
we did use the drivers that came with the disc in the new mfp. so by using what avskrap says. will this work then?

thanks
brent

Always works for me. Remember checking Adobe, it's been messing with alot of settings since the update...

Custom Search