PDA

View Full Version : Print on C352

Custom Search

repeatcopiers
05-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I picked up a C352 that I believed to have print on it. The meter print out shows it had print at some point. We usually do Canon so I'm not all that familiar with this copier. The technician went to try to install it on their network but is having trouble. When you send something to print, the data light blinks as if it is receiving info but nothing prints out and no error comes up. The job list is empty. We've tried from a computer running XP and one with 2007. It won't print out a configuration page either. We have it connected via the ethernet port. Is there something we could be missing?

SmellsHot
05-09-2012, 08:27 PM
User authentication is restricted for printing. Admin mode, User Auth, Print without authentication, ALLOW. If Restricted job will get to machine, data light will flash, and job will disappear...like nothing happened

kronical
05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Trying to remember off the top of my head on this model but some of the earlier generation machines will have a PCL print kit (usually included) or a PS print kit (extra) available. Trying to print using PS without the PS kit will provide the same results.

Outside of that, if they have user auth or account tracking on, this information must also be added into the driver or the machine will ignore the job as 'unauthenticated'

TheOwl
05-09-2012, 11:35 PM
These machines were PCL and PS Print ready out of the box, but it sounds like you have other issues.

Try initializing the Network settings from Tech Rep Mode and then setup the machine from scratch again. The next thing to look at doing is to format the HDD. Sometimes a bad HDD can cause these issues. Next would be to upgrade the firmware and failing that, run some test on the RAM.

acusso1234
05-12-2012, 08:38 PM
These machines were PCL and PS Print ready out of the box, but it sounds like you have other issues.

Try initializing the Network settings from Tech Rep Mode and then setup the machine from scratch again. The next thing to look at doing is to format the HDD. Sometimes a bad HDD can cause these issues. Next would be to upgrade the firmware and failing that, run some test on the RAM.

I had one with no network menu displayed. Initializing using Nvram recovery worked for me. Ceck your firmware level, because this thing can be applied only from a release and on.

Custom Search