PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera C8100DN & KM 1650

Custom Search

rhino
11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
I have 2 Kyocera machines, both on a mac network.
When I print a multi page PDF from Acrobat, the first page is fine and then, 'Error: undefinedresource; OffendingCommand: findresource' is printed onto the next page.
BUT, if I print page 2 onwards, all is fine.
Any suggestions, I've done all the obvious things, upgrade drivers etc.

knightfall
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Sounds like your pfd has problems if both machines are printing the same way, the offending command is tell you it cant find page 2 even though you see it try recreating the pdf again. what application created the pdf? I'v had quarkxpress and indesign create pdfs really bad but if I had customer print from original program before pdf it prints fine, so print from the source application or recreate something new from source application.

11-30-2007, 03:15 PM
sounds like a problem with the file, do ALL .PDF files have the same problem?

rhino
11-30-2007, 11:41 PM
The PDFs are created by clients and designers and sent to us read and work from. They are often drawings and artwork.
They print fine on other printers, I have also found today they print fine from Preview as opposed to Acrobat Reader.

knightfall
12-01-2007, 02:41 AM
try reinstalling print drivers, both postscript and pcl drivers try both one may print better than the other.

blackcat4866
12-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Can you get a data capture? I'd like to take a look.

rhino
12-02-2007, 04:32 AM
What do you mean by Data Capture?
The error prints out on the second page.
I'm using Mac OSX 10.4

blackcat4866
12-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Most of the larger Kyocera Mita's are capable of capturing the raw print data onto a Compact Flash card. I just looked through the print system (x) manuals and I don't see that function. Take a few moments though and glance through the printer menu, in case I missed it. Insert a Compact Flash card into the slot in the print card. If it's there you'll see a function for Memory Card (press), then Format Card. When its done, and you're ready to capture the data press the Write Data button. Send the print job. Wait a few minutes (the copier gives no visible reaction to receiving the print job). After a few minutes press Go or Finish or Stop or whichever command choice you have. Once its on the card take the card to the CF card reader on your computer and look in the PRE file folder. You can just copy & paste it into an email, or attach it to a posting right here.

Second choice: If you had Windows, in your print driver general page there is a small box labelled Print To File. Just put a checkmark in that box, and be sure to name it recognizably and direct that file to someplace that you can find it. Then Print. That file will have exactly the same data that you can collect on the CF card. The only variable here is that I know little about Mac. Is there a Print To File option in the print driver?

Custom Search