PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Physically moving a Bizhub c450 - lockdown procedure?

Custom Search

brian
05-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

We have a Bizhub c450 in our office which isn't leased (ie we own it) and we are moving premises. I have been having a look at the manual and around the interwebs for a lockdown procedure for the printer and I haven't seen anything. Does this mean we can just move the thing without taking any special precautions or is there a procedure that I just haven't found?

EarthKmTech
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
if there's no finisher attached, just move it carefully and you'll be fine.

the biggest mistake end users and ham fisted removalists (and some brain dead technicians) make is trying to move copiers by grabbing onto the document feeder. This just gets it out of alignment or bends the hinges. Always move copiers by holding onto the handles or the main body/frame. The last thing you want is to break it.

When the machines were new, there were 4 huge shoulder screws securing the scanner lamp section to stop it from moving in transit, these shouldn't be required under normal conditions.

When we move them they are wrapped from top to bottom in clear wrap so nothing can move.

habik
05-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes as PerthKMTECH said.

as long as you use the handles and MAKE SURE you wrap the machine with shrink wrap foil. You are absolutely fine. Give it a try and lift the one side to see if the cabinet is attached or not as it may need to put some brackets if you moving the WHOLE COPIER with the pedestal cabinet. If it has LCT (Large Capacity Tray) it should be screwed in with brackets. Although I seen some without them so watch out for that!! It can be painfull when LCT stucks to machine and then suddenly when you lift it over a step or whatever ..it drops suddenly and it is heavy.

As we move copiers a lot for short term rentals, We usually take of the Doc Feder if steps are involved.Just to make the machine lighter. If it is all ground floor then just detach finisher and push around.

PS: I hate steps and stairs.

brian
05-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the answers guys, you've put my mind at rest. Can't say I'm looking forward to the stairs though :)

emujo
05-14-2012, 02:37 PM
I would add remove all paper from the trays..it can shift during the move and cause the lift drive trains to break when power is re-applied. Emujo

brian
05-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I would add remove all paper from the trays..it can shift during the move and cause the lift drive trains to break when power is re-applied. Emujo
Thanks Emujo, will do.

EarthKmTech
05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
If stairs are involved, I would consult a professional.

Injury or death may result if that thing becomes unstable.

mrwho
05-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Don't tilt it.

Wrap the machine or, if not available, use duct tape to hold the document feeder and trays in place.

The machine is quite heavy, use four strong people, one at each corner.

Follow every advise given on the above posts.

kingarthur
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
if its to be lifted or carried, then personally, i always make it as light as possible, remove the RADF, IUs, toners, HR etc....if its tipped too far....then you might as well just bin it, if you tip the toners etc out into the back of the m/c....i wouldn't bother plugging it in again...

habik
05-15-2012, 07:06 PM
We use a machine that does the stairs for us. ..but hey not always available..

YES if stairs are involved, defo take out anything to make it lighter..

I can give you advise. Use the heavier bit to approach the stairs (the side with handles) and the other side use the bottom of the machine that way it is horizontaly OK and it does give the guy at the top rest as it can be dropped and do one step at a time. USE STRAPS WHEN ON TOP just strap pit around the handles PROPERLY. Resting one side of the machine on step and stronger guy usually at the bottom. I have in fact took up C550 the same way and it was only 3 of us. Me at the bottom and two guys using strap with hooks hooked to the handles at the bottom...And I can tell you we had clearance of 1.5 inch on each side... half way we up the stairs we had to do 90 degree turn :rolleyes: >NOW that was fun.

Anyway good luck.

Custom Search