PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub Pro 920 - Continuous Print help

Custom Search

dserk
11-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Howdy, yall. As you can see, I'm new. I've been working on the EDD side of my shop for about a year and half. Every time I work with the copier/printers it's a nightmare. I registered here to get some answers, maybe a clue, and some education.

We've been testing a bizhub 920 and I can't get it to work well. The "continuous print" option works sometimes, and I don't understand why it stops working. BTW, I'm using LAW 5. I guess each document is sent as a new "job" and the 920 pauses between "jobs," however, the "continuous print" option is supposed to make the 920 print (duh) continuously, without pause.

What else in the Law 5/Bizhub 920 could interfere with continuous printing?

Any general suggestions for learning the ins-outs of printers? I just dont even know where to begin.

Scott_Lewis
12-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Haven't used the 'continuous print' feature, yet. Looks to me like there are two places you need to set up to run in this mode.

Under the tools, administrator, enable continuous print (printing) and the printer properties from within the application (Law 5). You may or may not have to fuss with the spool options.

How about telling us exactly what you are doing. Just saying I enabled it doesn't go very far. This isn't meant as a criticism just a reminder that the details can be critical. What OS are running this from?

JustManuals
12-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Any general suggestions for learning the ins-outs of printers? I just dont even know where to begin

You could always buy some manuals :D

Paul@justmanuals.com

random
12-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Manuals won't help your continuous print. lol :)

knightfall
12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Not sure what program LAW 5 is but have you tried sending multiple jobs from standard of the shelf applications like MS office. I don't know the lag time for when LAW5 will send the next job but if the first job finishes printing before LAW 5 sends next job obviously there will be a lag so try something off the shelf program like MS Office which is the standard program all across the country and if there is still a problem. Also check print driver for spooling properties like for "start printing immediately". Thats where I would start first.

random
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Do the jobs back up on the job list screen? If the joblist screen is full and your not seeing continuous printing then the problem is the engine end. The RIP on that machine is pretty quick so you may not be sending the data fast enough to enable the continuous print.

Custom Search