PDA

View Full Version : C550 skew tray 4

Custom Search

Zookeyman
05-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Looking at an C550 and tray 4 skews and sometimes will wrinkle the paper. Tray 3, right beside 4, is fine.

The entire tray 4 has been replaced along with all rollers and still skews.
Ideas?

Gaffers01
05-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Looking at an C550 and tray 4 skews and sometimes will wrinkle the paper. Tray 3, right beside 4, is fine.

The entire tray 4 has been replaced along with all rollers and still skews.
Ideas?

One thing to look at is the side door where the paper comes out from tray 4, the latch on the back can break which means the door doesn't sit square and thus skewing

JustManuals
05-15-2012, 08:13 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

emujo
05-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Does it skew when paper level changes? Meaning no skew with 100 sheets, but skewing when tray is full? Had one where tech installed wrong screw on the rail and it was jutting in a few mm causing interferance when paper tray was full, but stopped after lift tray passed a certain point..paper path is almost exactly the same as tray 3 so I would think you can eliminate anything past the tray 4 conveyance section...coud also be a issue with the sep belt/pully section..seen damage here cause unreliable feeding/skew..Emujo

Zookeyman
05-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Does it skew when paper level changes? Meaning no skew with 100 sheets, but skewing when tray is full? Had one where tech installed wrong screw on the rail and it was jutting in a few mm causing interferance when paper tray was full, but stopped after lift tray passed a certain point..paper path is almost exactly the same as tray 3 so I would think you can eliminate anything past the tray 4 conveyance section...coud also be a issue with the sep belt/pully section..seen damage here cause unreliable feeding/skew..Emujo

Thanks for the reply, That gives me a direction to go. I've even checked the inner, lower door and latch hook just to be sure and its in tact as is the striker portion.
I'll give these ideas a look see.
Thanks again.

EarthKmTech
05-15-2012, 10:16 PM
you can replace the entire feed unit - its not listed in the parts manual for tray 4 on c451,550 or 650, but look in the 452 series parts manual and its there. Its an updated version and it works 100%

if the separator roller bracket on the underside of the feed unit is bent (by hamfisted technicians) it will cause skewing (and jamming).

Zookeyman
05-17-2012, 03:10 PM
you can replace the entire feed unit - its not listed in the parts manual for tray 4 on c451,550 or 650, but look in the 452 series parts manual and its there. Its an updated version and it works 100%

if the separator roller bracket on the underside of the feed unit is bent (by hamfisted technicians) it will cause skewing (and jamming).

Sweet, I'll give that a look also.
Thanks.

Custom Search