PDA

View Full Version : MS Office 2010 and C652 punch

Custom Search

habik
05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I have a client who says when printing from Excel it wont hole punch on large documents.. when published as PDF its punching all day long.. It is this the only solution?

I had also experience that it wont pick from bypass for MS Word 2010...unless you specify in page setup..

Is there a way to override the MS OFFICE default settings?

Many Thanks,

habik
05-16-2012, 06:24 PM
I have a client who says when printing from Excel it wont hole punch on large documents.. when published as PDF its punching all day long.. It is this the only solution?

I had also experience that it wont pick from bypass for MS Word 2010...unless you specify in page setup..

Is there a way to override the MS OFFICE default settings?

Many Thanks,

Seen the customer and it worked :( I am now confused..whether it is enough to publish as pdf once and then office remembers the settings ? I dont have deep insights in to MS 2010..anyone with experience on OFFICE 2010??

TheOwl
05-16-2012, 11:48 PM
Excel is a funny piece of software, especially when it comes to printing.

When printing an Excel document with muliple worksheets, each worksheet is treated as a separate job which also uses the default driver properties. Even though you change the properties for one sheet, the rest still use the default driver settings.

This is why Konica Minolta added a function to their drivers which is called Excel Job Control. This isn't spot on all the time, but it has proven to help.

The other way around the issue is to set the driver default before printing to it, or have another driver setup with say a default to use hole punching.

As for Word, what was the tray set to before manually selecting the bypass from Word? Was it set to Default tray (Automatically Select)?

blackcat4866
05-17-2012, 01:17 AM
I don't know about the punch issue, but yes, Word page settings will override driver settings. AFAIK the only thing to do is change the Page Settings in Word. I had this come up just a week ago on a bizhub 25. "Why won't it print from the bypass when I specifically selected the bypass?" (in the driver). =^..^=

Custom Search