PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 2 Bizhubs & Same Problem After Time

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
05-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Used to have a Konica Minolta bizhub C352 with Fiery where we ran into situations over time that print jobs start backing up in the driver queue and then stops printing and eventually scans stop working. Customer would then re-boot the bizhub MFP (throwing all MAIN, HARD switches) and everything is OK for a while.

Customer upgraded to the Konica Minolta bizhub C550 (no fiery). It’s been installed for 5 months now and the same problems are coming up AGAIN.

There are 25 people printing to it, and they do print large jobs at times, so to prevent any timeouts I have a current PCL driver on the Windows Server 2003 R2 and it's shared. I then pulled that driver to all of the workstations no problem.

Troubleshooting: Clean reinstall of all drivers (delete printer icon and remove driver via printer server properties).

Port Settings: Turned off SNMP Status to prevent driver going "offline" when supplies run low/out. I have also tried both LPR with queue name print and RAW 9100.

I have noticed that the print server role is not configured (it’s just a shared driver). But when I called the customer I.T. provider, they indicated that it intentionally setup that way?

Help?

ineo+6501
05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
The only time I have seen something similar to this was with a C550 and 500 where there was an old dot matrix printer or something on the same network which was running at a slow network speed. It had an effect on everything else on the network according to the customers IT guy, a simple change of the copiers network speed to 100 Full Duplex was what sorted it out. The default setting is Auto.

Worth a try.

TheOwl
05-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Here is a trap for young players.

Deleting the print queue and going into server properties and removing the driver on a XP and 2003 system doesn't actually delete the driver files.

The best way to ensure that the driver files are deleted properly is to print out a test page and then delete the queue, remove the driver from server properties and then go to %systemroot%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\ and delete the driver files that are written on the test page.

Windows Vista, 7 and 2008 systems actually deletes the driver files when you select remove driver and package from the server properties.

As for dropping the network speed from Auto to 100 Mbs, this can usually help in situations whereby the switch has issues or there is an issue with the wiring. It is always good to try this in the case that you have a machine randomly dropping off the network. If you do drop the network speed down on the machine, it is a good idea to also inform their IT people as it could be a sign of a faulty switch and could gain you kudos with the IT team.

Custom Search