PDA

View Full Version : BizHub 600 - Developer tray gears stripping out

Custom Search

b3p0
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
We have a BH600 in a kinda high volume environment (15-20k+ per month), we were called in about an issue with "light prints", when onsite we found the developer augers were not turning, on the back side found the gears had stripped out. and there was toner everywhere inside the machine. With 1.5million clicks on the machine figured it was probably just worn over time. We replaced the gears, found that toner had jammed up in the lift hopper so I took the entire toner assembly apart and vacuumed and cleaned it and found hardened chunks of toner in the lift hopper that feeds the developer tray. Reassembled the machine, made sure toner was filling the dev tray, and CQ was perfect. It was working well for about 2 weeks, yesterday we were informed that "light prints" were happening again. Went back onsite and found that the developer auger gears have stripped out again.
At the same time we did the gears, we also did a new Drum, blade and developer, all OEM Konica parts.
Were picking up a new developer tray today with gears, but im doubting this is the root of the problem.

Anyone else ever ran into this ?

Darren King
05-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Behind the three gears on the dev unit there are bushings. These bushings wear and allow dev to seep out and wear the gears. The bushings must be replaced when the gears wear. If they are not replaced you will be replacing a lot of gears. If the auger shafts are too badly worn you may need to replace the entire dev unit.
Hope this helps.
Darren

EarthKmTech
05-17-2012, 08:26 PM
15-20k isnt high voliume for these machines.

Ive had customers with 2 of them doing 250k per month each, was out there every 2 weeks doing a pm on either one of them :rolleyes:

CraigW
05-18-2012, 06:20 PM
1.5m may be all you can expect on the developing unit imo. The gears are $$ if you do them all.

We tried the seals on the 7020 series with no luck...never tried 7155 and later.

600s use metal augers now.

b3p0
05-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the input.
We did replace the Developer tray.
I talked to another Konica tech in our area, he said he's started having the same gear stripping issues + lots of dusting issues with the 600/750's lately also. We were thinking maybe Konica is sending out bad developer or something that might be causing excess pressures in the developer unit.

CraigW
05-18-2012, 06:35 PM
We saw the light copy/stripped gears due to dev leak back in the 7155s.

When the plastic auger shafts would break it was game over.

PeterG
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
From my experience, once the dev gears are stripped, just change the dev unit.
It will save you a world of pain in the long run.

DelawareJim
10-03-2012, 07:47 PM
I found a source on ebay for that gear set.....very cheap....11.49 with free shipping. I've tried them and they seem as good as the OEM. Just search: 600 developer gear. The set doesn't include the 3 bushings though. You have to replace the 3 bushings at the same time.

HoonBoy
10-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I found a source on ebay for that gear set.....very cheap....11.49 with free shipping. I've tried them and they seem as good as the OEM. Just search: 600 developer gear. The set doesn't include the 3 bushings though. You have to replace the 3 bushings at the same time.I would replace all six bushings, 3 on both sides of the shafts...

Custom Search