PDA

View Full Version : KM C6501 Print Speed 11x17 w/ PFU and Stacker

Custom Search

BVulgaris
05-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Like the title says, i'm wondering if anyone has tested the print speed of a double sided, black print, 11x17 20# bond, with a PFU and Stacker attachments to a KM C6501.

I've found two speed descriptions for the machine, one in the hand book that you get when you buy one, and the speed description in the service manual.

My current run time measured over 30 min seems to be significantly slower than expected, so i was wondering if anyone else has taken measurements, or can tell me where I might be able to find a source to calculate from.

Thank you for your time and help :)

Gort
05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
The print speed will vary due to several factors: temperature, humidity, toner coverage, etc. There are settings on the C6501 that can be set to reduce time between calibration or "stabilizing" cycles.

BVulgaris
06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
basically a text flyer that fills most of the page. I read into the settings as far as registration checks, cleanings, etc. and everything seems "normal". Its almost as if the engine is running like its predecessor. Anyways, havent had much time to look into this, but 11x17 duplex black print in conditions of 20deg Celsius and 55% humidity getting something like 11 sheets/minute :( I've checked operations manuals as well as servicing manuals and cross checked the speed/options diagrams in both to see if i'm missing something. Cant seem to hit the appropriate speed.

(any basic questions you have, ask away... I understand that I could be as much of the problem as anything else... i dont care who is right, just what is right.)

thank you for your time :)

Custom Search