PDA

View Full Version : Konica c650 K toner low

Custom Search

Synaux
05-20-2012, 04:15 AM
About a week ago (maybe...4k prints ago), I replaced the black toner cartridge.
Now it is saying that it is low... A bran new cartridge?
In fact, the old cartridge feels very full too; however, it said it was empty, and hence, the replacement (this machine was recently bought used, so I do not know how much toner was left in the cartridge, or intimately familiar with these cartridges).

It also says the Cyan is near empty and it really does feel empty--comparatively--yellow and magenta are fine at the moment.

Any help will be much appreciated
Nick

Also, this event brings up questions about rechipping the cartridges....how? :)

Mr Spock
05-20-2012, 02:46 PM
check the following
1 sub hopper is turning freely
2 where the cartridge "plugs" in and make sure the connector is not damaged.
3 the drop area where the sub hopper adds toner to the iu.

Gort
05-21-2012, 01:10 AM
You may have a bad toner hopper sensor. The toner cartridge fills the toner hopper (just below the door on the cartridge), the toner hopper then fills the IU. I had one of these fail about a year ago.

Synaux
05-27-2012, 07:43 AM
You may have a bad toner hopper sensor. The toner cartridge fills the toner hopper (just below the door on the cartridge), the toner hopper then fills the IU. I had one of these fail about a year ago.

Thank you Gort, and Mr Spock!

I have only managed to vacuum out the main hopper. It may have been a waste of toner, but it was the only option I had due to time restraints (it did not work).

Once I get a chance to work on this machine again, I will certainly update everyone!
--Nick

JustManuals
05-27-2012, 08:11 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Custom Search