PDA

View Full Version : Konica C652 P6 P7 P9 P21 Codes - Serious Image Problems - CFC21 When Copying

Custom Search

pajeroid
05-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Good morning guys,

This machine failed overnight. The machine is scrambling images from internal prints (Demo page/Font Lists etc) and from computers (Print).

Machine throws C-FC21 when copying - no copies come out - doesn't get that far.

Have tried swopping removable memory (2Gb chip) and removing HDD.

State Confirmation ---> Memory (Scanner) Check Passes with OK OK.

State Confirmation ---> Memory (PRT) Check Fails with NG.

Was advised to swop MFP board and have done this but still the same problem.

Updated firmware.

Checked all connections (PH board flat cables etc)

All power outputs from the Main Power board seem to check out OK (24V Lines etc)

Machine also has C2253 / C2254 codes (2) logged as well as C2255 / C2256 (3).

Anybody had anything like this? I have attached the Demo Page with the bird.

Avskrap
05-21-2012, 11:47 AM
PRCB, perhaps? You've touched on the other relevant parts, MFPB, memory, HDD and so on.
If I were you, I'd change the PRCB.

pajeroid
05-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi and thanks for the advice...

Just tried a PRCB and still the same issues. I can't understand why the machine would say Memory PRT NG if the main boards are OK?

SmellsHot
05-21-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd give the Power supply a shot.....they can cause some weird issues...

SmellsHot
05-21-2012, 01:07 PM
19.5.252 CFB00 to CFFA0: Abort code
MFP board (MFPB) DIMM0/DIMM1
JPEG board (SA-502)
EIF board (IC-412)
DS board (bizhub C652DS/C552DS only)
Step Action
WIRING DIAGRAM
Control signal
Location (Electrical
component)
1 Check the MFPB connector for proper
connection and correct as necessary.
— —
2 Conduct the following setting.
[Service Mode]
 [Memory/HDD Adj.] 
[Memory Check]
 [Detail Check].
When “NG” is displayed, replace the appropriate
memory or PWB.
WORK0: DIMM0
WORK1: DIMM1
FILE0,1: MFP board
FILE2,3: EIF board
FILE4,5: DS board
— —
3 Conduct the following setting.
[Service Mode]
 [Memory/HDD Adj.] 
[JPEG Check].
When “NG” is displayed, replace the JPEG
board (JPEGB; SA-502).
— —
4 Change MFPB — —

pajeroid
05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm just running the detailed memory check now.... another strange thing I just noticed-

I printed off a config page which came out half way down the page and then overlapped from the top.

Then I printed a PCL font list and the missing section of the config page printed on the PCL font list! See the attachment.

Weirrrrrrrrd!15909

minimerlin
05-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Had a similar problem on a C220 a few months back! It was the Print Unit (Laser). Got the codes, print scrambled etc even the shift of printout!

pajeroid
05-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks minimerlin,

Just tried the laser unit from a C452 and it's still the same. The part book says the parts are different but the connections are all the same and the machine didn't code on boot.

Could this be a compatability problem - or do you think I still have the same problem :-S

For reference our dealer technician has told me to try the following -

Old Firmware - tried D1
Faulty Memory DIMM on MFP-pwb - tried
Faulty MFP-pwb - tried
Cable between scanner and MFP-pwb faulty - not tried
Re-seat all connections on scanner/ccd pwb (not the CCD itself). - tried
HDD faulty - tried removing
Laser unit relay pwb faulty - not tried
Laser unit faulty – unlikely - tried
Possible NVRAM issue – but very unlikely - not tried

I am just about to try the Laser unit relay pwb now.

I will keep you posted.

Albonline
05-22-2012, 02:13 PM
did you try the image registration sensors? are they clean? is the shutter opening? what do the registration v's look like on the transfer belt?

habik
05-22-2012, 05:22 PM
did you try the image registration sensors? are they clean? is the shutter opening? what do the registration v's look like on the transfer belt?

That where I would usually start. Making sure everything is clean. Can you stabilise the image? Full initialise/reset background full gradation or it does not even get there?

Then perhaps try memory modules from another machine. Not just swap around or using just one. I had similar on c353. C- codes and blank display. No image printout though. Good luck.

pajeroid
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
That where I would usually start. Making sure everything is clean. Can you stabilise the image? Full initialise/reset background full gradation or it does not even get there?

Then perhaps try memory modules from another machine. Not just swap around or using just one. I had similar on c353. C- codes and blank display. No image printout though. Good luck.

I've tried the registration sensors and they were clean. The squares that are written on the belt are all over the place so the image is being written like that from the laser unit. The memory was from a different machine completley and this model only has 1 x 2Gb chip installed anyway.

I have also now tried....

The thick cable between the MFP board and the Scanner Assy (CCD etc)

Laser Unit Relay Board

NVRAM

Flat Cable between the MFP Board and the Laser Relay Board

Any more ideas???

Zeldaman
05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi there!
Had this problem today: the plates wich holds the transfercleaning-unit in place were broken! Installed a new transfer-unit, machine´s running again.
Greetings...

DCPS
05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks minimerlin,

Just tried the laser unit from a C452 and it's still the same. The part book says the parts are different but the connections are all the same and the machine didn't code on boot.

Could this be a compatability problem - or do you think I still have the same problem :-S

Did you try with the correct Laser since then? It's very strange. Unless it's a wiring problem there must be an electronic part which is faulty. When i saw the picture i just thought this is either MFPB, PRCB or Laser. As you wrote you have already changed the MFPB and PRCB but laser was from a C452. There must be a reason why they have different part numbers. I haven't tried this till today so i am not sure if it should bring an error code though. Do you still have NG by memory PRT check?

pajeroid
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi there!
Had this problem today: the plates wich holds the transfercleaning-unit in place were broken! Installed a new transfer-unit, machine´s running again.
Greetings...

Just tried the Transfer Belt but still the same - the stabilizer pattern is all screwed up on the belt if you pull it during Stabilization.

Can't try a new laser without ordering one - just seems strange that the memory check on the PRT comes up as NG. Stabilize always shows NG.

????

Albonline
05-30-2012, 03:23 PM
can you swap the mfp and nv into another unit? If it were me at this point I would be confirming that the parts in the trouble unit work (or do not work) in another copier.

pajeroid
05-30-2012, 04:38 PM
can you swap the mfp and nv into another unit? If it were me at this point I would be confirming that the parts in the trouble unit work (or do not work) in another copier.

Not at present as we haven't even got the C452 in stock now either - they sell anything with a plug on in here if you're not careful! Suprised this computer is still here :D

DCPS
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi.
Was there any solution to this problem at the end?
Thanks

pajeroid
11-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi.
Was there any solution to this problem at the end?
Thanks

Hi - Sorry no - The machine was collected by our dealer and we never heard the outcome. Was a very weird fault - I think more than likely it was something that took something else out unless fitted together.

Dave.

bseeley1844
01-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Very similar symptoms to that problem and fixed it by doing a physical and logical reformat to the hdd...

bseeley1844
01-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi - Sorry no - The machine was collected by our dealer and we never heard the outcome. Was a very weird fault - I think more than likely it was something that took something else out unless fitted together.

Dave.

I am still battling this issue. I reformatted HDD physcially and logically, it resolved the issue only to return a few weeks late. Same deal re format, resolved issue, came back...

Sometime it decides to work fine in color mode but black is still wild ( I know what he means it shifts the image up left right, off the page, sometime 3 pages later u will get what u were trying to get 3 pages ago but shifted and blurry. Not typical registration issues)

I have tried

MFP, Memory module, HDD, and now the NVRAM...any help on this would be appreciated...

habik
01-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I am still battling this issue. I reformatted HDD physcially and logically, it resolved the issue only to return a few weeks late. Same deal re format, resolved issue, came back...

Sometime it decides to work fine in color mode but black is still wild ( I know what he means it shifts the image up left right, off the page, sometime 3 pages later u will get what u were trying to get 3 pages ago but shifted and blurry. Not typical registration issues)

I have tried

MFP, Memory module, HDD, and now the NVRAM...any help on this would be appreciated...

I would do this before changing the Print Head Unit.

Reset the SKEW adjustment first(note down the initial numbers to see if it changes to different values after adjust). Then FULL initialise/ Reset background on stabiliser and then full gradation adjust.

bseeley1844
01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Ok, I will give that a spin. I was thinking Print head but once Re-formatting the HDD twice fixed it, I couldn't wrap my head around why re formatting an HDD would fix a PH for a few weeks.

Today however for the first time reformatting the HDD did not resolve it, and stabilizer also NG. Different symptoms than the previous 2 trips where I could format, do a gradation and leave.

bseeley1844
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
The last tech having "replace the machine" as the only fix combined with Konicas tech support being stunned by formatting the HDD fixing a quality issue does have me a little concerned though.

Synaux
01-22-2013, 10:59 PM
The last tech having "replace the machine" as the only fix combined with Konicas tech support being stunned by formatting the HDD fixing a quality issue does have me a little concerned though.

Then, have you tried to physically replace the HDD and cable to it? You might have a hard drive with some bad sectors?

To me this is some sort of data delivery corruption. There might be some rare defect on these MFP boards?
I notice that when pajeroid (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/pajeroid.html) performed a test print he was getting a 169.254.xxx.xxx IP address, if the machine was connected to a working network then something was wrong.

You might want to consider removing the mfp board and give it a nice ISO Bath or 91% alcohol cleaning. Also recheck the data ribbons...

pajeroid
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Then, have you tried to physically replace the HDD and cable to it? You might have a hard drive with some bad sectors?

To me this is some sort of data delivery corruption. There might be some rare defect on these MFP boards?
I notice that when pajeroid (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/pajeroid.html) performed a test print he was getting a 169.254.xxx.xxx IP address, if the machine was connected to a working network then something was wrong.

You might want to consider removing the mfp board and give it a nice ISO Bath or 91% alcohol cleaning. Also recheck the data ribbons...

Don't forget I tried the machine without a hard drive connected and turned off and it still gave the weird issues!

Synaux
01-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Don't forget I tried the machine without a hard drive connected and turned off and it still gave the weird issues!

I guess I did, until you reminded me haha...
But that is quite odd. Perhaps there is rare glitch in the firmware?

I dunno...you might want to check the capacitors. I don't know how much more work and money you want to put into this, but you could purchase a Blue ESR (http://www.anatekcorp.com/blueesr.htm) (or you might already have something that will do it) to check the capacitors while they are still on the circuit board. The reason why I mention this is because it is possible to have a blown capacitor but it looks physically fine.

bseeley1844
01-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Yes I have tried the HDD and the cables. I also tried the image registration sensors. Most recently I tried the PRCB and the image went from all messed up to blank. Thinking maybe I installed a bad board I sent it back. They sent me another one and same result. So now the image is blank. All I did was change the PRCB...made sure all connectors are good and upgraded FW.

I am going to try the laser next I guess ( would have already tried this if it wasnt for the HDD format fixing it), that made me think it was not the laser.

The MFP board is not bad, the NVRAM memory module and the HDD were also replaced but I somehow still feel like it is on the MFP assy because with this problem the touch screen constantly keeps locking up too and the MFP controls everything on the MFP. I actually somehow have an extra control panel i will also give that a shot for this issue.

Any other ideas? Even crazy ones let them rip this one is KICKING my ARS

pajeroid
01-31-2013, 10:23 AM
I sympathise with you matey! I too was pulling my hair out with this one - the control panel theory sounds possible - it is definately to do with something electrical.... Let me know how it goes! :)

rindraintsoa
07-18-2014, 09:57 AM
hi all,
I have exactly the same problem with my C452 machine, does anyone have any other suggestion? I also noticed that the touch panel is unresponsible just after the test page is outputted.

Copier Builders SA
07-21-2014, 10:05 AM
I've had this once and replaced the main drive unit. There's an encoder disc that does colour registration and the disc is dirty and/or the sensor reading the disc. You can try and clean BUT be very careful! DO NOT try and get the decoder disc out without removing the drive unit. Quite a job too! Hope it helps.

lwals2015
09-03-2017, 01:31 AM
its a print head

copier tech
09-03-2017, 11:50 AM
its a print head

This is a 3 year old thred!

Custom Search