PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Touch panel C252

Custom Search

keller34
05-23-2012, 12:15 AM
I have a c252 that the touch screen was working just fine a few minutes ago and now when you press one area it acts like you pressed another spot. Tried the touch screen ajustment and could only touch the bottom 2 crosses. Everything else works an dnow errors are showing.

I had this happen before and fixed it but cannot find my SM to do it again nor can I remember how by memory.

I do know it was not in the Touch Panel Ajustment. It was in Service mode I do believe. Damn my bad memory!

Darren King
05-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Your touch screen is failing and you need to have it replaced. It is a known issue with these machines.
Hope this helps.
Darren

blackcat4866
05-23-2012, 03:10 AM
It doesn't matter about the touch panel adjustment. It won't hold for any length of time, anyhow. Just replace the tablet. =^..^=

keller34
05-23-2012, 10:19 PM
well thank you for this...I was afraid of that as I read many threads saying that it is a problem. I got this for free a few months ago. So would anyone say it is worth fixing? I prints fine as is and I only use it once in a while.

blackcat4866
05-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Sure it's worth fixing. Eventually you'll need access to more advanced features or service mode, and the failing panel will block you from doing either. =^..^=

big jase
05-25-2012, 10:49 PM
there is a fix you can try ,i done this a few times , split the touchscreen and hold a lighter all around edge of t/screen........may sound strange but works!

keller34
06-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks..I tried the heating it and it wored but I found a heck of deal on a new panel and ordered it for when this one goes.

I thank every one for the help and have another issue that I will make a new thread for.

Synaux
06-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Sure it's worth fixing. Eventually you'll need access to more advanced features or service mode, and the failing panel will block you from doing either. =^..^=

I wonder...does a C252 have a serial port connector (scrolling through the pictures in the service manual I am pretty sure I can see one)?

One might be able to access the service panel remotely by connecting a computer to it and using the software jig nonsense that is used for the C252Ps (a C252 without a screen/scanner--just the printer).

I doubt Konica would have intentionally blocked access or make any rudimentary changes to the system code to not allow this. Then again, what do I know.

Custom Search