PDA

View Full Version : C650 Jamming - but only under certian conditions...

Custom Search

methogod
05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Konica C650 with booklet finisher, has just over 590K on the meter, runs great 95% of the time, about 3 months back it started acting up. I have never need any major work, just consumables, feed tires, for tray 1/2 and 3, and a few mods that i cant remember doing. I print via the FIERY 100% of the time.

Some history, the machine is set for single clicks, so the unit has closer to 650-750K on it (estimated).

Most of what i was using it for was full bleed printing, tray 1 and tray 2, running non gloss THICK 2 and THICK3 (duplexed).

Tray 1 starting acting up a while back, jamming one sheet in the fuser one sheet before the registration. Think the clutch was the issue, so that is now fixed.

I am running non-stop 8.5x11 but as soon as i go to 12x18 plain or thick2, i will get a jam every 50-80 prints.

Tech says next step is to replace M-22 motor, which carries paper out from tray to registration. Which would make sense, as 8.5x11 LEF runs fine but 12x18 60# will jam like clockwork (random number of pages later) but if it jammed on page 40 of a 60 page job, some where in the next 6 to 9 copies, it would jam on the same page again, page 40 of 60.

I have a parts C550 so the M-22 test is very easy to do but still timely.

As I type I am running on a 88 page job, 8.5x11 job (duplex) with it pulling a separator sheet from the bypass after each set. (ran over 50 sets, only 1 jam and that was in the tray, crap piece of paper)

before I try the M-22 MOTOR IS THERE ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

fuser is version xxxxxx-22 not version xxxxxx-33 but i can get the same results with a xxxxxxx-11 version fuser so the fuser has life left on it.

any insight would be helpful... ask questions if you have any.

your help is always needed and appreciated.

Custom Search