PDA

View Full Version : CQ C451 Double/ghost image. please help....

Custom Search

Micro Office Solutions
05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi. i've been having endless issues with a C451 making double/ghost images. after running stabilization for background removal, etc, it will run ok for about 300-1000 copies, and then appear again. I've replaced transfer belts, transfer roller, adjusted cleaning Bias, updated firmware, replaced K imaging unit....just about everything i carry knowledge of. Has anyone ever had this problem, if so, your input would truly be appreciated. i've attached an example of what its doing. Thanx in advance!

Shadow
05-24-2012, 01:23 PM
if you have a spare fuser for this machine take it with you.
swapp out the fuser and check the copy quality again.
A bad / worn fuser can cause this issue.

mo0651
05-24-2012, 02:56 PM
It looks like your color registration. Does it do it on black only? Clean the registration sensors.

907tec
05-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Are you getting any P-codes? Able to complete Gradation Adjust and keep the numbers within-range? I'm guessing that this is also happening from internals? Is there any difference in the color offset across an 11x17 page? There were a few bulletins related to image registration, but they were usually specific to the trailing edge.

rangertech
05-28-2012, 05:47 AM
clean the color registration sensor and adjust color registration from service mode...

blackcat4866
05-28-2012, 03:51 PM
The interesting feature of your scan is the color of the shadow image. If it was C or Y or M or K only it would be very simple to diagnose as a color registration issue, or a drum drive issue. But the color of the shadow image is CMYK: 22, 0, 33, 31 or RGB: 136, 175, 118 which is a little bit of each color present in the original text CMYK: 21, 0, 9, 58 or RGB: 84, 106, 96 and all correctly registered.

This reduces the possiblilities to fuser multiple imaging, secondary transfer cleaning, image processing, or perhaps laser optics.

Does this affect prints and/or copies and/or scans? I'm leaning toward transfer drive. If a laser unit mirror or scanner mirror had been installed backward (front surface mirror installed as back surface mirror) you would get very similar effects, but stabilization would not improve it, even temporarily. Fuser multiple imaging would shadow at 190mm intervals, not 1mm intervals, and would continue to image the paper more than once.

Does that help at all? =^..^=

rinser
05-28-2012, 05:07 PM
had a similar intermitant problem a while ago .you could try doing print head scew adj.just go into service mode its in the machine tab.

Spratt
05-29-2012, 02:12 AM
I'd try your print head or MFP board! Personally i would lean towards mfp had similar fault on a C280 last week it would be fine on site after gradation then two days later come back Good Luck.

Custom Search