PDA

View Full Version : SMB and FTP scan to apple Mac Lion

Custom Search

brianho80
05-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi expert,

Does anyone try to configure scan using SMB and FTP scan to Apple Mac ver. 10.7.4?

I cant enable FTP in this version... ( still figure out why)?

I did enable "file sharing" and try scan to user public folder like example below:

Name: "username"
Host name: " ip address"
Path: "username as home icon"/Public
ID: "user log in ID"
Password: "log in password"

In the log file keeps showing " server connect error" at machine job list

Anyone know why?

Eric1968
05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
This document doesn't apply to Lion, but maybe it can help.

brianho80
05-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi eric1968, thanks for the manual given, however i was not manage to configure this scan to SMB successfully.But manage to configure scan to Ftp from KM c252 machine.For Mac lion, we unable to activate ftp service from "network utility" therefore we need to access terminal activate it using command like example: sudo - s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plistYou will be prompt to authenticate using Mac's admin n password. After that, you may start to createone- touch user like usual.

pga
10-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi eric1968, thanks for the manual given, however i was not manage to configure this scan to SMB successfully.But manage to configure scan to Ftp from KM c252 machine.For Mac lion, we unable to activate ftp service from "network utility" therefore we need to access terminal activate it using command like example: sudo - s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plistYou will be prompt to authenticate using Mac's admin n password. After that, you may start to createone- touch user like usual.

For Mac OSX 10.7 and above,which method should we able to configure ?

Custom Search