PDA

View Full Version : Error Code How tro set up scanning to pdf bizhub C250

Custom Search

osjknights
05-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I am seeking to set up scanning to pdf on a C250. I have allocated 192.168.1.66 under the TCP/IP settings, and in the browser interface set under "Address Book (SMB)" Name "Scan to PC" under Index: "PQRS". Host address is et as 192.168.1.66, and file path "scans" ensuring a directory "scans" exists in the C drive.

However when I place a document to be scanned, I get "The Job has been done improperly. Check the log" - can anyone assist with a "noddy" guide to setting up to scan to pdf! Thanks in advance.

I remember setting this up once, but have lost my notes!

Mr Spock
05-28-2012, 02:40 PM
make sure the directory "scans" is shared and the username and password are correct.

Avskrap
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
What's your OS? Have you set up the correct share settings for the folder? Have you got authentication set up for the copier to use (i.e user log-on for the client)?

osjknights
05-28-2012, 03:10 PM
The OS is Windows XP. The folder is set to be shared on the network, however as to "authentication set up for the copier to use (i.e user log-on for the client)?" - you will have to take me through this. The Photocopier works well on the network for printing (and has for the past year) but a trojan (Zero Access) meant I had to wipe my hard disk and reinstall everything again - and lost many settings in the process.

Avskrap
05-28-2012, 03:15 PM
You need to authenticate the copier towards the client you're scanning to, by (for example) putting in the log-on name and password when you log on the computer, or an admin account. If you authenticate yourself in some way when you log on to the client, you need the copier to do the same.

osjknights
05-28-2012, 04:13 PM
I have no password for login to the Computer as there is only one user login is automatic. Also in setting up the scanner in the past, I cannot ever recall setting up the copier to log in via a password

TheOwl
05-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Set a password for the account that automatically logs in and use that on the copier.

If you still want the computer to automatically login after that type in 'control userpasswords2' into the run box select the user you want to automatically login and then untick the button that says something like 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer'. You will then be asked to enter the password for the account that you selected to auto login.

osjknights
05-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Problem solved!

I had been too busy ensuring the Computer had the printers address (on a BT HomeHub3 192.168.1.66 - which I allocated) when I was reinstalling everything - and I did not note the Computers address on the Home Hub which was 192.168.1.64.

I created a new scans folder on C:/ but did not enable file sharing. The C250 was already set up on 192.168.1.64 under Scans, yet the Scans failed. I assumed that the correction needed was to amend this to 192.168.1.66. The scans stilled failed. So I then enabled file sharing - the scans still failed. The error was a "Server Connect Error" - so thinking about it, I realsed the mistake. Realising the C250 would not know to which computer to send the scan, I then corrected the address back again to 192.168.1.64. The Scans now worked.

I did not need to authenticate the copier towards the client to which I was you're scanning - but I have taken note of that for any machine which has a password set - and there are three others which fall into that category.

By the way, I maintain the C250 for the local Church, where money is tight, and copiers have advance since I used to maintain Canons (in the days when you made a wiper blade last ages by turning it around, then upside down, then around again to use all four edges! I could replace almost every sub component!). Now the whole units are pulled out and replaced, with the complexity shifting to the Computer Controls.

Thank you Mr Spock, Avskarp, and the TheOwl. Mr Spock for alerting me to enable file sharing, and Avskarp, and the TheOwl for the tip on Authenitication.

Darren King
05-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Create a folder on C drive. I always call it "Scans", however, you can call it whatever you want. Right click on new folder and choose "sharing and security" click "share this folder" click on "permissions" and populate all the boxes with checkmarks. I then always send a shortcut to desktop.
Open PSWC and click on "Scan". Click on "New Registration", "SMB", "Next". Enter name of One touch. Enter IP address of computer. Enter name of folder that you created on C drive. If the name of your folder is "Scans" then just enter "Scans" without the quotation marks of course. Enter computer user name. If you don't know it just open control panel and then open "User Accounts". You will find user name there. If there is no password just leave it blank. You don't need to create one for SMB scanning. If there is a password then enter it where indicated.
Hope this helps.
Darren

Custom Search