PDA

View Full Version : Certification for copier technicians

Custom Search

singgayong
12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I want to upgrade my career and I need certification from various brands of copiers, preferably HP or Canon. Anybody pls help me where can I find reviewers and training centers? Im here in riyadh. Can I find reviewers on the net?

JustManuals
12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
You need to get a job with an authorized repair center or retailer in order to get factory training. You can always buy manuals, but that won't get you certified.

Paul@justmanuals.com

paulg
12-14-2007, 06:30 PM
The PDI+ is being released by compita soon which is for copier and printer techs although very basic.

Also worth looking at are the A+ and N+ which most copier companies are keen for you to have.

JustManuals
12-14-2007, 06:34 PM
An A+ Certification will definetly get your foot in the door. In 1997 when I got mine, I was hired by Unisys within days of getting my certification.

Paul@justmanuals.com

singgayong
12-15-2007, 06:33 AM
Thank you very much guys for your advice. I think I have to pursue my A+ certification. Actually, I am now reviewing. Thanks again.

leroyal
12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Forget it!

You are doomed. You have been warned!

You will spend the rest of your life working for low pay and inhaling toner dust; die on the job and end up being stuffed in a Zip-Loc bag in some customer's office after dying on the job from chemical poisoning.

After a while your arms will look like an Orangutan's from carrying tool bags and vacuum cleaners.

Get out now while you can still tolerate doing service calls, putting up with salesmen's grief, being nagged by customers, electronic beeps, scuzzy hands and nails, and never doing anything right or enough. (just like being married):eek:

singgayong
12-20-2007, 04:32 AM
You are not a technician if you hate toner dust. You are not a technician if you are impatient in troubleshooting machines troubles. What is wrong of carrying tool bags?

I am proud to be a technician.

Why you are here? Are you a technician?

wagon
12-20-2007, 09:49 AM
I think what leroyal means is that the pay is crap, the grief you cop from customers and salespeople is bad, you don't get much respect or love until the machine is f**ked and people get desperate, you often go home filty dirty (not so bad nowdays) etc. BUT if you like fixing things, go for it! Here in Australia you often get paid more working as a shop assistant but most of us would go mad from the boredom. Be the best you can, be thorough and smile at the customers.

blackcat4866
12-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Amen, brother.

Custom Search