PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Duplexing 100# Cover on C6500

Custom Search

SuperOmegaKyle
05-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone, new here.. relatively new in the copying industry as well. My company has a konica Minolta C500 and a C6500.

Most of the work gets done on the C6500, does anyone have any experience with Duplex on heavier stocks than the machine will allow? Currently I'm running a 270 gsm gloss cover stock and telling the machine that its 210-256, every now and then it will start jamming often, After the Fuser.

anyone that has any experience or tips or warnings on duplexing heavier stocks on this machine would be much appreciated. =)

Mr Spock
05-30-2012, 06:31 PM
i would recommend printing side 1 then side 2 not running it as a single pass duplex.

mervyn
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
You are in serious danger of totally screwing up your fuser rollers by trying to fool the machine and run heavier stock than recommended . The manufacturer recommends specific weights so the machine works to the best of its ability .

JustManuals
06-01-2012, 09:42 PM
This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

blackcat4866
06-02-2012, 02:25 AM
My advice is don't try to exceed machine specs, and discourage the customer from doing same. It causes excessive wear, excessive service, and creates unrealistic expectations of what the machine can do. A year from now they'll be saying: "It's only 290 gsm, just 20 gsm more than the other stuff. It used to do it when we first got the machine ... " and you'll regret going down this road. Believe me, I've been there. You've got to draw a line somewhere, and machine specs is an excellent place. =^..^=

BVulgaris
06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
First, is the paper long grain or short grain.
Second, is it out of spec for the machine's duplex capabilities? (it sounds so)
Third, which tray are you running this stock out of?
Fourth, how floppy is this paper? (i know this is a matter of perception, but i've come across 14pt that is as floppy as a wet noodle and seen a demonstrations using 14-16pt on some machines.
Fifth, how much intimate knowledge do you have with timing adjustments in the machine?
Sixth, how worn out are the feed tires (VERY IMPORTANT)

Like I said, i've seen modified machines take stock on the edge of what could sanely be run through but depending on the type of paper etc and dont mind risking the fusing belt this is possible. I have also heard people tell me that these machines will jam on 20#bond if its long grain though so keep a sceptical mind at all times ;)

eifling
06-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Think of it this way, the machine was not designed for this. Your trying to duplex beyond spec at a high gsm, high gsm = slower machine. Duplexing = slower machine. How much time are you really saving by duplexing.

We would try to duplex like this before but then i took a stop watch to it. I could print 1 side then flip it, line it up, print the back side in far less time than it took to duplex. Because of the higher gsm it just duplexs to slow. Not to mention all the jams you have to stop to clear, this eats up far more production time than you think.

Registration is better
Your not wrecking the fuser
Less wear on the machine
Its faster

If your printing multi page jobs with different images on each page, as mentioned above make sure its short grain, check the condition of all pull wheels, and make sure they are clean and free of build up. I inspect the duplex area and remove any dried toner, there are a couple of spots that seem to collect it like a magnet.

kronical
06-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Dont set the machine weiht lower than the stock you are using as it will cause further issues down the road. Secondly, heavy stocks should never be auto duplexed. As mentioned it is alot slower and the machine is not designed to do this . Take a look at the tight turns in the paper path and the reason will become very obvious.

Custom Search